sadness

Brittany's Point of View

*

just landed
I'll be at your mom's house in an hour

okay

*

I'm so tired. I just wanna go home and go to sleep, but Santana wants me to come by her mom's house to do I don't know what.

I ring the doorbell and wait for someone to open the door. Christmas is in two days and we decided on spending it in Ohio.

Santana's mom opens the door and she smiles when she sees me.

"Brittany," she says as she pulls me in a hug, "How are you?"

"Hi Mrs. Lopez." I say, trying to sound as happy as possible

"Come in. Santana's in the kitchen."

The house is packed with people I do and don't recognize. I stop and say hey to her dad and abuela who are in the living room talking to other people.

The kitchen is where all the young ones go and, if I'm not mistaken, Santana is the youngest out of her cousins. I think the oldest is like 29.

At first I couldn't point her out because I forgot she dyed her hair blonde. She looks away from the girl sitting next to her and at me. A big smile on her face appears.

"Hey," She says as she walks up to me. She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me into a hug. She pulls back and gives me a strange look, "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing," I say before pecking her lips, "I'm gonna go make me some coffee."

I grab the cream out of the fridge and walk it over to the coffee maker. I pop one of the coffee cups into the maker and press start. As I'm standing here waiting, Santana stands next to me. She slides her hand under my shirt and rubs my back.

"What's wrong?" She asks quietly

"I'm just a little tired."

"Go lay down in my bed."

"I don't wanna do that with all these people here."

Santana rolls her eyes, "They won't care. If you need to go to sleep then go to sleep."

"No, babe, I'm fine."

Santana bites down on her bottom lip, trying to figure out if I'm lying or telling the truth.

"I don't want you to feel like you have to be here." She says as I begin to make my coffee

I laugh, "It's fine, Santana."

"When you say my government name in a sentence then I know something's wrong."

I look at her and laugh. She takes the cream and puts it back in the fridge before pulling me into the living room where mostly everyone is. We stand in front of the TV and everyone looks at us. Especially this one girl with light brown hair and tanned skin. I don't think I've ever seen her.