Day 15: Together

Laurence and Garroth stayed like that for what felt like forever, gently embracing for as long as they could. Laurence still shook intensely the entire time.

The brunette began to feel very light headed. He stumbled a little, and Garroth let him out of his arms and grabbed him by the shoulder to stabilize him. "Are you ok?" He asked quickly, worry flashing in his dark blue eyes.

Laurence put his hand up to his head, he had read about this in his lessons. "Kind of." He said crisply. "Over stimulation is happening to me. You appearing and smashing the glass is something my body hasn't prepared for. I have had nothing like this happen to me before."

His mind flashed back to his mother, his old home. He wasn't sure why. "At lease that I know of."

"So why did you fall back like that? It looked as if you were about to faint."

Laurence looked at his hands. "My body doesn't know how to react, so it's trying to figure out what to do." He stumbled back again, blackness blurring the edge of his vision.

Garroth grabbed his arm, keeping him from tumbling to the floor. He looked really concerned now.

"I need to lie down.." Laurence said faintly, feeling a bit weak now. He felt more overwhelmed than he ever had in his life.

Garroth wrapped his arm around his shoulders, helping him walk to the bed. Laurence had only taken a few steps before he felt his legs collapse. His vision went dark, and he herd a sudden gasp as he landed in Garroth's arms.

All was black.

Laurence couldn't hear, do, or say anything.

He tried to piece together what happened, his memory was a bit fuzzy. He felt more conscious as he remembered how Garroth had busted through the mirror, and how they had hugged for such a long time.

Soon enough, his eyes flickered open. He realized that he was in a bed, but it was different from his own. He turned his head, looking around the room. Sure enough, there was a big hole in the wall from where Garroth had punched his way through, but other things were different. Papers were scattered all over the floor, covered in vibrant colors and paintings. On the wall across from him Laurence saw a painting of a boy.

He had brown hair, freckles that were scattered across his tan skin like stars, and icy pale blue eyes. Heat rushed to his cheeks as he pulled back the covers and sat up. He looked over to see that Garroth was not sitting far away. The blond boy's head was resting on his hand, his eyes were closed, and his breathing was soft.

Laurence swung his legs over the side of the bed, and sat there a while. He looked all over the room. Why had Garroth taken him into his room? His head whipped over to Garroth as he saw his friend stir and open his eyes. He gave a yawn after a moment, and smiled at Laurence.

"Hey Laurence." He said sleepily. "You really scared me you know. Let's try not to faint into my arms like that again."

Laurence looked away, as a failing effort to hide his growing blush. He quickly changed the subject by pointing to the painting of the boy. "Is that the painting of me?" He asked quietly. Laurence was impressed, it looked beautiful and it looked a lot like him.

"Oh.." Garroth replied. "Yeah, it is." He looked down, but not before Laurence caught a blush growing on his cheeks. "I know it looks awful, nothing like the real you."

Laurence got up and walked over to the portrait. "What are you talking about?" He whispered. "It's like looking in a mirror!" He smiled, putting his hand on the wall. He then turned around and examined the room once more. Everything was so familiar, yet so different at the same time.

"So, why did you carry me in here?" Laurence asked, looking at the hole in the wall that led to his room.

Garroth looked a little embarrassed. "Um, your bed is full of glass, I tried to wipe it off but..." He shifted his arm, shielding the cuts and glass shards that were in his arm from view. "So I carried you into my room."

Laurence rushed over to Garroth. "You're bleeding!" He said quickly, realizing the seriousness of Garroth's wounds. The white shirt and pants he was wearing were covered in blood stains, and his arms were cut from little shards. His fist that he used to break the mirror was worst of all, having large glass shards sticking out of it and blood staining his skin.

He looked up at Garroth's eyes, and the boy almost looked unfazed. "I-I just haven't felt it. With everything that has happened it just doesn't feel important."

Laurence shook his head. "That's all the adrenaline that is running through you right now. You'll feel it soon."

He ripped the sheets of of Garroth's bed and tore it with his teeth, making long strips. He used his fingers to take out as many shards of glass as he could, and Garroth winced once and a while, but never complained or pulled away.

He then wrapped Garroth's arms, pulling away after he finished his work. "It's not the best, but it will stop the bleeding."

"Thank you." Garroth whispered, looking at his wrapped up arms before returning Laurence's gaze with tears in his eyes. "I'm just... so glad you are here. I can finally see you."

Laurence smiled back. "And I'm not going anywhere until we get out of here, together."