Chapter 19-Hopeless Romantic

Super short! Enjoy!

=================================================================

Chapter 19

Nic’s POV

Laying her watching her sleep with her back to me I cannot help but think about how great she felt wrapped in my arms tonight on that dance floor. Having her so close I could smell her sweet perfume, hell I could smell the flavor of her chocolate lip gloss. Damn it took all of my will power to keep my lips off of hers just wanting so bad to taste how tasty that chocolate would be on her lips. She felt so small in my arms and her skin what little of it I did touch while dancing was amazingly soft under my fingers.

When she kissed me in the bathroom I was astounded that she would do such a thing. Man I think I might have made a huge mistake by telling her we can’t be together but I have to do my job and it would be unethical to become involved with a client. But my body had other ideas. When she kissed me I automatically responded to her assault on me. Her lips taste even better than I could have ever imagined. Those lips of hers are so soft and yielding yet demanding and only a few feet away from me right now as she slumbers in her huge bed. She has wiggled her way halfway out of her blankets. She didn’t even bother to change before she went to bed.

I think she is really mad at me for telling her we couldn’t be together, but I reacted out of habit of never getting seriously involved with a woman. Hell, that’s why I don’t date because it would take my attention away from my real purpose in life to seek retribution for Raffie. There has been many things I have given up on in life and having a real relationship with a woman and settle down is one of them that I gave up on a long time ago.

But Ria is everything I never knew I was missing in my life. Even knowing how badly I want her I know what would happen. You get serious with a woman and they want you to quit anything that is dangerous. I just don’t think I am ready to give up this part of my life yet. I feel like I haven’t fulfilled my promise to my dead friend. With those thoughts I pondered over my life, Ria’s advances and what I should do about all of it until I finally fell asleep.

Ria’s POV

I feel such a fool for making a move on Nic last night. He went from hating me to being nice to me and I should’ve never have thought it was anything more. Nothing was planned for today so I decided that I am going to shower, get in some comfy pajamas, and veg-out in front of the television for the day. Shower and dressed in my mother’s nightgown I didn’t see a point in drying or fixing my hair just to veg for the day. As I walk out of the bathroom Nic leans up on his elbows and looks at me through sleepy eyes with his hair sticking in all directions with his sexy bed hair…Ah! I’ve got to stop thinking like that about him. He is giving me such an odd look. Probably wonder what kind of freak hits on her body guard.

“Hey, since we aren’t doing anything today I thought maybe I would just chill in front of the TV today,” I tell him.

“Um…I mean yeah that, that would be a good plan for the day,” he says. That is strange I guess things are going to be weird between us now thanks to my mistake. Ugh, I wish I could take it back now but I have to say I can almost still feel the explosion he set off inside of me when he responded so eagerly at the beginning. I bet he is a generous lover in the bedroom…I know he is far from innocent. I envy the women he has been with in the past.

Just thinking about his large russet skin gliding over the contours of my body makes me need another shower of the arctic nature. Quickly, I make my way to the den trying to shake off the images that have begun haunting me since last night…Oh last night. I dreamt he was holding my hand while we walked through some sort of City Park and he stopped me and got down on one knee and asked me to be his forever. Ah, I suppose I am just a hopeless romantic to the point of obsession.

===================================================

Comment Please!!!!