Chapter 2

Chris' apartment was no bigger than Tom's, and was quite untidy. There was an old beat down couch, accompanied by a small box tv that sat on what looked like used to be a shelf. The young Tom was looking in the refrigerator, which looked emptier than Tom's apartment.

"Home sweet home!" Chris yelled, flopping onto the couch. Robert took a step closer to Tom and whispered in his ear.

"I suggest not touching anything that's wet," he whispered. Tom looked at him, eyes wide. Robert smiled sadly and walked to the younger Tom.

"Oh Mr. Tom from London, come sit!" Chris cheered, patting the seat next to him. He hesitantly walked towards him and sat next to him. Chris smiled at him but looked over to Robert and Tom. The eldest was whispering something to the younger, who looked disappointed. "I'm sorry I don't have anything kid," Chris said sadly. Younger Tom shook his head and smiled as he walked towards them.

"It's okay, dad said we might get ice cream tomorrow," he said excitedly. Chris looked at Robert, concerned. He quickly turned his attention back to the boy.

"Why don't you go to my room and play the Xbox," he said with a smile. Tom's eyes lit up and he ran to Chris' bedroom. Chris looked at Tom with a smile. "What's London like?" He asked.

"It's beautiful," Tom smiled.

"Did you grow up rich?" Robert asked, sitting in an old dining chairs facing them. Tom shrugged and looked at them.

"I didn't grow up poor, but I definitely didn't grow up filthy rich," he explained. He took the cigarette Chris had held out towards him. The blonde lit it for him and lit his own. He reached one to Robert, along with the lighter.

"I grew up poorer than dirt," Chris laughed. "But Robert over here, grew up richer than Kim Kardashian." Robert glared at him.

"What's this thing about the bottoms?" Tom asked. He took a puff off his cigarette and looked at the two.

"We're in the bad part of town," Robert explained as he took a puff off his cigarette. "Everyone around here either deals drugs or is on them. Don't trust anyone."

Tom looked at the men nervously. "Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you," Chris said cheerfully as he wrapped his arm around Tom's shoulders.

A knock on the door disturbed the 3 of their laughing Robert stood up and motioned for Tom to follow him, which he did after putting his cigarette out. Robert rushed him into Chris' bedroom and shut the door.

His bedroom was much nicer than the rest of the apartment. The walls were a pretty blue color, and the floor was covered in a white carpet. Younger Tom was laying on the bed, watching a movie on the big flat screen TV hanging on the wall.

"I'm going to call you Thomas so I don't confuse myself," Robert said with a small chuckle as he sat next to the younger Tom. Tom sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the movie that was playing.

"Are we really going to get ice cream tomorrow?" Younger Tom asked. Robert turned the TV up as loud voices filled the apartment. He laid next to him and put his finger through his hair.

"I plan on it buddy," he said sadly.

Tom then realized the real struggle all of them were going through. He realized the boy was desperately looking for something to eat when he showed up. He wanted to help them, but he wasn't sure how.

"Hey Mr. Tom From London, come here!" Chris called from the living room. Tom looked at Robert, basically asking if it was okay to go to him. Robert nodded and turned his attention to his son. Tom stood up and walked out of the room, making sure to shut the door behind him.

There were two men standing in the doorway and a woman sitting on the couch. Chris smiled and wrapped his arms around Tom's shoulders, pulling him close. "Meet our new neighbor."

"He is cute," the girl said. She turned her head as if trying to look at his back. Tom scooted closer to Chris, who smiled at his actions.

"How old are you Tommy?" One of the men asked, taking a step forward.

"Th-thirty seven sir," he stuttered, he was nervous about what these people were going to do. He trusted that Chris would protect him, but then again Robert said not to trust anyone.

"Wow, and still that good looking," the woman was looking at Tom as if he was her prey, she could prounce on him any moment.

"Izzie, leave him alone," another one of the men said, his voice was more deeper than the other and Tom couldn't help but make a small whimpering noise. Chris must've felt Tom's uncomfortableness because he tightened his grip on him.

"Alright guys, that's enough," he said. Izzie sighed deeply and stood up. She walked towards them as the men started to open the door.

"If you ever need anything, I live in number 7," she whispered. Tom shakingly nodded and smiled to her as they left. Chris sighed and let go of Tom, locking the door.

"I'm sorry about that, they wanted to meet you," he apologized. Tom shook his head.

"I-it's fine, they have every right to be curious of who I am," he explained. Chris smiled and sat on the couch. "I must be going now, but I have to ask. Do you know where I could buy any furniture?" Chris nodded.

"Yes, but not anywhere cheap that's not used. But I guess you wouldn't want something like that, especially if it wasn't made in London," he teased. Tom shook his head and unlocked the door, heading to his unfurnished apartment. Chris quickly stood up and ran to the door.

"Tom!" He called, Tom turned around and looked at him. "be safe, the bottoms is a dangerous place."

---

Tom sighed as he laid on his 'bed'. Even though it wasn't much, it felt good to be laying somewhere other than a car seat. He had a few blankets laid out in what he was going to make into his bedroom  He couldn't stop thinking about Chris. How attractive and muscular he-

No Tom, stop it

He thought to himself, feeling his pajama pants tighten a little. He sighed and turned on his side. The man was probably way younger than him, and probably didn't  even like boys.He could hear talking in the apartment next to his, where Robert and Tom lived.

He thought the little boy was cute and sweet, but he couldn't imagine what he had went through. In addition to his rather thin body, he had multiple scratches and what looked like cigarette burns on him.

Tom jumped a little as he heard a loud slam a few apartments down, he shakingly put the cover over his head and held onto his stuffed bear.