8

Tony looked over to Dum-E, who was sweeping the floor, "Dum-E. Hi, Dum-E. How did you get that cap on your head? You earned it," Tony was telling the robot as he walked over to it.

I got up from my bed and dragged it over to the corner Tony was going in.

"Hey. Hey! What are you doing round in the corner? You know what you did. Blood on my mat, handle it," Tony ordered the robot as I laid back in my bed.

"Sir, may I remind you that you've been awake for nearly seventy-two hours," JARVIS cautioned, one thing I couldn't do was make him sleep.

I barked at him.

"Focus up, ladies. Good evening, and welcome to the birthing suite. I'm pleased to announce the imminent arrival of your bouncing, bad-ass, baby brother," Tony said to his suits.

I questioned his sanity sometimes. This was one of those times.

"Start tight and go wide, stamp in time. Mark 42 autonomous prehensile propulsion suit test. Initialize sequence," Tony ordered as he stepped onto the mat, raising his arms in a weird position, "Jarvis, drop my needle."

Tony turned to a table of suit parts and did the weird arm thing again, "Crap," Tony muttered when nothing happened.

He slapped his arm a couple times before doing the weird arm thing once more.

This time, a piece launched from the table and onto his hand, arm, and shoulder. Tony did the weird arm thing with the other arm and the same happened to it.

Tony let out a laugh, "Alright, I think we got this. Send 'em all,".

Another piece flew and attatched itself to his leg, the other leg piece crashed into a glass cage around one of the suits; flying back to Tony, who deflected it with his arm.

"Probably a little fast, slow it down. Slow it down just a..." Tony was cut off by a piece flying towards his face, he barely managed to duck.

I rubbed a paw over my muzzle, why does Tony never listen to JARVIS? "...little bit..." Tony finished.

More pieces jumped from the table to throw themselves at Tony, the one in the crotch hit him particularly hard before he stumbled forward a bit.

"Cool it, will you, Jarvis?"

I got up and trotted over to Dum-E to watch Tony from a safer distance.

There was only one piece remaining, the face piece, "Come on. I ain't scared of you," he coaxed at it.

It flew at Tony, who caught it before putting it on himself. "I'm the best," Tony announced.

That was about two seconds before a random piece flew and hit Tony, causing almost all of the suit to clatter to the floor. His headpiece was the only one that remained.

"As always, sir, a great pleasure watching you work," JARVIS' tone dripped with sarcasm.

I gave a loud bark, gaining Tony's attention.

"Might I suggest now taking out Pepper?"

Tony pulled off his helmet with a groan, muttering something about debugging JARVIS as we headed up the stairs.
.
.
.
I came back in to see Tony watching the TV in the living room.

"Thirty-nine hours ago the Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I...I...I did that. A quaint military church filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on maneuver, the braves were away. President Ellis you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you've missed me again. You know who I am, you don't know where I am, and you'll never see me coming," the man on the TV was saying before he disappeared from it.

I growled from the doorway.

"My thoughts exactly..." Tony mused as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"I think it's time I had lunch with Rhodey..."