12

After Tony and Pepper got out out of the shower, it was time to go to bed.

I padded over to my usual spot, a dog bed in the corner near Tony's side of the bed.

I wasn't sure how long I'd been asleep, but woke me up was the scent of fear.

It seemed that it'd waken up Pepper too, she was shaking him as I nudged his hand with my nose. "Tony! Tony! Tony! Tony..." Pepper tried as Tony let out a low, wounded noise.

That was all it took for one of Tony's suits to react, I hadn't even noticed it was there.

It grabbed Pepper's arm and my scruff, "Power down!" Tony yelled before he hit the suit in the abdomen, causing it to fall into a heap of parts on the floor.

Tony snapped his attention to Pepper, "I-I must have called it in my sleep. That's not supposed to happen. I'll recalibrate the sensors. Can we just...just let me...just let me catch my breath, okay?" He tried to reassure, but it looked like Pepper wasn't having it.

She got up and headed to the door.

"Don't go, alright? Pepper?" Tony pleaded with her, I got up from the floor and nudged his hand with my nose.

"I'm going to sleep downstairs. Tinker with that," she nodded her head to the heap of parts before she walked out.

When she closed the door behind her, he let out a sigh and put his head in his hands.

I let out a whine and put my front paws on the bed, deciding to ignore that rule for now. I pulled myself onto the bed when he didn't do anything and put my face between his arms to lick his face.

His hands moved from his face to the fur of my neck, "She just doesn't understand," he muttered, as if he was trying to reassure himself.

She better understand soon, I thought to myself as I let out a low whine and licked his scruffy cheek.

He gave me a light push, "Stooppppp," he whined.

I started wagging my tail, causing a small smile to spread across his face. That only prompted my tail to wag harder.

He rolled his eyes and sighed, looking to the pile of parts, "I should probably fix that..."