Chapter 4

GO CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 'He's Dead' xo

Ariana

After Cassidy's friend and I got ice cream, he took me back to her saying he some errands to run and things to plan.

He was so self-kept. It made him seem so mysterious and for some reason, it left me wanting to know more about him other than his name.

Anyway, Cassidy and I were currently getting a salad from Macca's drive through. I made sure to get a large coke as well. It's been a few weeks since I've had some junk food, I think I deserve it.

(Sorry guys! I'm Australian, that's how we say McDonalds!)

"Argh! Traffic is so slow," Cassie complained, beeping her horn.

"Don't do that Cass, it might draw attention to us. It's a Saturday, there's no work or school, what did you expect? Besides it's not so bad. Just keep the radio on and sing along," I suggested, turning up the radio slightly.

She rolled her eyes, but began tapping her fingers to the beat on her steering wheel. This girl is beyond my control sometimes.

"Finally! We have places to go and people to see!" She shouted, seeing a move amongst the cars.

"Oh, I thought we were going home," I asked.

"Oops, I meant me. I'm going places and seeing people," Her lips ended between her teeth.

She only does that when she's lying and nervous. Why would she be lying or nervous all of a sudden? Maybe she's seeing new people, or going on a date! That would make me nervous. Aw well, that's her business. I shrugged my shoulders and left it at that.

"Hey um, I've been thinking. I need to know something from you," She spoke, breaking the moments silence.

"Yeah, ask away."

"Can you promise me, that no matter what's thrown our way, you'll always trust me, never hate me and forever be my best friend?"

"Of course, you know it'd take a lot to make me leave. Why are you suddenly acting like this?"

"I-I don't know. I guess I seen a movie and started thinking about my own life and started doubting things."

I reached over and squeezed her leg before saying, "Cassidy, you're my best friend for a reason. We're together through thick and thin, no matter what."

"Pinky promise me, 'no matter what'."

I held out my hand and waited for her to interlock her pinky with mine. Once she did, we both locked it and kissed our knuckles.

Once we made it through all the traffic, it was late in the afternoon/early night. When we got home, we got cleaned up before finding ourselves sprawled out on the couch.

"I say, you and I go spend a few days away together. I've been saving for the last few months. I have enough money to treat us a holiday, for your birthday. I know this is kind of random but what do you say?"

"Woah, Cassidy, I don't know. What about the dogs? Have you planned this?"

"Of course I have. That's why I've been on my phone."

"Say I agreed to this, when would we leave?"

"Well I wasn't going to take no for an answer. We leave tomorrow and we're away from two weeks."