We'll hold hands till you die

Kanze sat down beside him, desperately trying to deny the fact that his face looked like he was trying to say goodbye.
"Kanze." Her name spilled from his mouth like water. He was barely audible.
"You're going to get better!" She yelled before he could say anything more.
Mmasi smiled at her. It was a sad smile. Kanze hated it. He had given up.
"Remember when we got into trouble for sneaking out at night to attend Chima's birthday?" He asked, wanting to take Kanze's mind away from the situation.
"I don't want to remember!" She yelled getting up; the plastic chair she sat on fell. The other patients in the room stared at her in irritation, but cautious, mellow Kanze couldn't care less. Her eyes burned. She tried to hold it in but years of practice could do nothing for her as the tears slid down her face.
"Please don't go" she said covering her face with both hands. She struggled to breathe. She could not stop the images of her childhood with Mmasi and Monifa from flashing before her eyes.
"Kanze... I'm tired."
She looked up at him in disbelief. He had a stressed, angry look on his face.
"I'm tired of it all, I want to die already! I'm tired of fighting." He tried to raise his voice as much as he could.
"I want to be with you and Monifa but... I have to go." He was crying now.
Kanze felt so selfish for not being able to see his pain. She felt,she was so conceieted that she only cared about her grief. She suddenly felt a dull ache in her chest; the tears had not stopped.
"I see..." She didn't know what else to say.
"Kanze.. I'm so sorry, I'm so scared but I'm so tired. Forgive me" Mmasi said holding his head in frustration.
Kanze quietly picked up the chair that had fallen and sat down. The other patients didn't openly stare but we're interested by the scene before them.
They both said nothing for a while.
"I'll be there till the very end" Kanze said softly, as if she was afraid of him hearing.
Mmasi stared at her in surprise.
"If you have to go, I'll be here till you do" she felt her voice breaking "And I'll never forget you."
The doctor came in just as Mmasi broke into tears. It was was the loudest he'd ever been for a year.