CHAPTER 5

Ron called on the phone and said that his business trip is actually going to last for two months now.

As soon as I hung up, there is a knock on the front door. I turn around and see Draco already leaning on the door frame tossing a green apple in the air.

"Oh...hello Draco." I say while putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Who was that? On the phone?" he asked as he took a bite from his apple.

"Just Ron. He's gonna be gone for two months now..." I sorrowfully looked down.

"Hey, don't be so blue. Come on, I'll take you somewhere to cheer you up."
____

Draco took me on a picnic to the most beautiful, grand lake that i've ever seen. It was so gorgeous, so peaceful. We sat and talked for hours, just catching up and reminiscing on old Hogwarts memories.

"Malfoy, why are you being so nice to me? It's very unusual of you." I say.

"Well, I don't really know how to explain it. You just...bring out a better side of me, I suppose." He dramatically looks off to the distance.

His jawline: so sharp, his hair: so soft, his skin: angelic, and his lips...irresistible.

Draco looked back at me while I was admiring his complexion.

"What're you staring at?" he asked curiously.

I bit my lip and shook my head, "Nothing, just enjoying the view." I said as I stared off to the lake.

"I have a question."

"Go on.."

"If I we were still at Hogwarts, would you have chosen me over Weasley?"

I stared at him, speechless. I honestly didn't really know what to say, which is clearly not good.

"Umm...well no, not exactly." I finally say.

"How come?", Draco's hopeful face became more serious and disappointed.

"Well for starters, you bullied me and my friends. You've called Hermione a 'mudblood' multiple times. Not only that but you've caused me to get multiple detentions when you were a prefect. You were also dating Pansy most of the time and when you weren't, she was clearly in love with you-"

"-She was not-", he interrupted.

"-Wait, I'm not done yet. Lastly, you're a death eater and you've served the Dark Lord."

"That is not fair," he says, "I used to be like that because I had no choice. I would've never joined the dark side if someone had just stopped me...if you had just stopped me."

"Oh so now I'm responsible for your own decisions?", I say that while standing up.

"No, but it's your fault that all of that happened in the first place." He stood up as well.

"What? My fault? How is any of that my fault, Draco?"

"You won't understand, (Y/N). My life's more complicated than you think."

"Yes, I'm quite aware since you were forced to kill Dumbledore."

"I had no choice (Y/N), why can't you just understand," his voice was getting louder. "You're so complicated, no wonder your father left you and your mother."

I stared at him in disbelief. I can't believe that he just said that.

Draco stood still as he just realized what came out of his mouth.

"(Y/N), I didn't mean-"

My eyes started tearing up. "No, I understand now. You're still the same as you were before. Selfish. Ignorant. Arrogant."

"(Y/N)..."

"When will you just start taking responsibility for your own actions? You're an adult now. You can't just rely on 'daddy' to straighten everything up. You're your own person, you shouldn't need someone to choose how you're gonna live your own life."

"I'm sorry..", he said as he tried to reach for my hand.

I pulled away from him, "And by the way, my father didn't leave. Your aunt, Bellatrix, killed him."

He stood once again in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, but all of this was a mistake. We shouldn't have talked in the first place. Goodbye, Malfoy."

*whoosh*

I appeared at the doorsteps of The Springfield and cried. My heart deeply hurt and I'm not really sure why. I've never felt this type of pain, even when I discovered my father's death. This was a different type of pain, a different type of heartbreak.