About..

Hey, I'm Niyah! A few things to know about me, I love writing, foreign languages, hair, fashion and makeup! I love being able to help others become self-made masters of things I learned to be good at (i teach languages, help writers, etc).

Why am I writing this book?
Well, when I first entered the world of caring for my natural hair, I found that it was so difficult to find youtubers who were (1) Beginner friendly (like ABSOLUTE beginner), (2) Not biracial/mixed/ genetically had longer, softer curls, (3) Had all the info I needed. Eventually I began to just research all over the place and connect the dots on my own, try new things and figure my life out from there. Now I can pretty much manipulate my hair to do whatever I want. But that took so much time and effort, so I wanted to create a one-stop-shop for you guys, I'll handle the hard research work and try to break it down concisely for you guys!

Format of the book?
The book will eventually run based on your comments, ask questions and make chapter requests and I will get to them within a week. (Immediate questions can be answered right away if necessary). But, until the comments become consistent I will start slow and focus on the basics. Each chapter will include a tidbit about my hair related to the chapter (and I encourage you to mimick my tidbit about YOUR hair in the comments), as well as some questions that you can answer in the comment section.

What to expect?
Expect to:
1. Learn how to get to know your own hair
2. Find some product suggestions
3. Hairstyle ideas
4. Tips for maintaining healthy hair
5. Treatments, etc.

Also...
1. I'm still deciding on whether or not to create a youtube channel / IG account that will mirror these chapters (in case reading about it isn't your thing and would rather a visual/auditory approach). SO LET ME KNOW IF THATS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE HELPFUL FOR YOU. (The IG account would allow you to submit pics & reviews of products and styles you tried from this book).
2. More comments = I'll be more active with updating chapters. Less comments = I'll probably lose interest.