Chapter 26: Birthday Woes

Mulai dari awal

"Absolutely Princess! Its It's your birthday party," I said hesitantly. I wasn't exactly sure how she would take it, and Zach and I never discussed how we were going to tell her I wouldn't be at her party next week.

" I thought I was having a skate party," she queried still looking around at all the festive decorations. I allowed my gaze to drift towards Zach, a gesture for him to take the lead on this one.

"You are doodah," Zach stated hoisting her onto the counter, " but Mommy El won't be able to make that one, so we are having a special party today," he finished trying to be as gentle as possible.

"Can I have two parties too dad," Zkeese questioned excitedly.

"Sure," Zach responded wearily. We didn't want this to become a new norm for them. Hopefully, Jhene would see how serious Zach was, and this would no longer be an issue.

Zakiya snapped her head in my direction with a frown on her face, " Why can't you come to my skate party?"

Because your mama is a bitter bitch is what I thought but knew she wouldn't understand that logic. My mouth opened to speak and then closed. I was trying to find the right words to say.

"Remember when I told you Mommy had to go the hospital," Zach said and Zakiya nodded in understanding, "Well when Mama Jhene changed the date because of Man Man's party, Mommy couldn't make it because she'll be in the hospital," Zach said gently and expertly as if he had already planned this conversation out.

Zakiya scrunched her face up, " I don't even like Man Man-"

"Me either Mommy, that little boy is bad," Zykese chimed in with a slight huff and a look of irritation on his face.

" Plus I was supposed to be Mommy's nurse when she got home. Daddy you told me I could practice with Mommy since I wanna be a nurse when I get big," Zakiya expressed with a visible pout on her face.

" And you still can doodah! You can come over after the party," Zach assured her.

"Yay!" Zakiya screamed wiggling out of her fathers hold, jumping off the counter and wrapping her tiny arms around my legs. I swear this girl knew no fear.

Soon after the paint company along with a few of her classmates and cousins arrived. My mom and sister, along with Zach's parents and brother were all in attendance. We wanted her to be surrounded by family. The children had fun painting their unicorn and getting hyped up off snacks.

Two hours later the party was over, and Zach was headed to take them home so they could go to Man Man's party. They didn't want to leave, but Zach didn't feel like arguing with Jhene so he assured them he would pick them up after the party.

 They didn't want to leave, but Zach didn't feel like arguing with Jhene so he assured them he would pick them up after the party

DECEMBER 17TH

Zakiya's Birthday

8:37 a.m.

Jhene: I am canceling the family dinner since Kiya is having two parties. I think that will be enough.

Zach: Today is her actual birthday though. I would still like to take her out to dinner.

Jhene: Me, her, and Zykese have plans already.

Zach: Well include Elise and me

Jhene: Not happening. You had your little party. Let me do me.

I was boiling on the inside. Count on Jhene to be petty. She didn't even bother to show up for the party we hosted. That was the least she could do, especially considering that Elise and I were still sponsoring the cake and goodie bags for the skate party. I had even paid for half of the party when we initially made the reservation. Then she got mad because the kids complained the whole time they were at Man man's party, so she ended up leaving early and bringing them to me. She shouldn't have made them go in the first place.

9:06 a.m.

TO Mama, Papa Tate, Wife, Jay: Hey can yall get away for lunch today? I want to check Kiyah out and take her to lunch for her birthday since Jhene is tripping.

Mama: Baby, I'm retired so you know I'm free. Is it okay if Kingston comes? He and I were supposed to have lunch today?

I rolled my eyes in slight annoyance. This guy has been popping up more often.

Papa Tate: Janice and I will be there. Just let us know the time and place.

I know Mama was rolling her eyes at that. For two married people that didn't want each other, they seemed not to want anyone else to have them.

Jay: I am booked through lunch with personal sessions. Sorry, bro! Tell bae bae I'll be at Party #2 to turn up with her again.

I was just waiting on one more response, but I knew Elise wasn't always near her phone.

Wife: Hey sorry for the delayed response, I was in a Leadership meeting. Luckily I caught my principal before she walked out the door. She said it was cool if I left.

Zach: Cool! Let's meet at Cheddar's at around 11:30. Elise, I'll come to pick you up.

Elise: Just meet me at the house so I can drop my car off.

Zach: Okay love!

Jay: Yall need to get out of the group chat with all that...

I laughed at my brother and placed my phone back in my drawer. I needed to do some pH testing on some water before I left so I didn't need more of a distraction.

At this point, I was happy that I contacted a lawyer because it was times like these where Jhene took advantage of having sole custody of the children. The way she was using our children as pawns in her game of vindictiveness was sickening. The facts were my kids were bright. They got their intellect honestly from the both of us. They would soon put the pieces together, and she would have to answer to them about her actions. True, I was hurt, but she was hurting them more. 

Hey Ya'll! So before some brings it to my attention I noticed that I keep swapping the spelling of Zakiyah and Zakiya... Just know that it's the same person and I'm too lazy to go back and change it at this point.

Your thoughts?

Jhene going too far?

Elise doing too much?

What about Zach?

Shoutout to ya'll for coming through with the comments! I love reading and responding to your comments. I swear  ya'll be having me rolling. To my ghost readers, talk to me, I talk back. Continue to vote, comment, and share.
😘😘Kay