˜"*°•.˜"*°•26•°*"˜.•°*"˜

✶✧One Shot✧✶

"Get out the house!" The woman screeched high on drugs and alcohol. "You've been nothing but a curse since the day you were bloody born!" Then with a violent push, the stoned woman pushed her daughter down the steps of their three story apartment building.

Lorna gasped as she was pushed down the stairs of the apartment home, tumbling down to the bottom, tears streaming down her cheeks as she sat up slowly, looking at her drunken mother, Brittany Cook walk unsteadily towards her.

"Mom, please!" Lorna begged as she dragged herself to her feet, shaking in terror as she backed towards the door.
"Get out of my sight," Brittany hissed, and the woman raised her arm to throw the glass bottle at the girl who was looking at her in horror and went to throw it.

Lorna gasped when the older woman threw the glass bottle at her which shattered against the wall next to her, making the twelve year old scream in terror and run out the door, panting, her short brown hair flying out behind her, tears streaming down her cheeks.

How long she was running, Lorna didn't know, but when she stopped, the girl looked around panting softly, and swallowed, tears spilling down her cheeks anew then a young boy's voice spoke. "Hey... are you ok?"
Lorna turned and saw young Kaden Beckham, a young boy with thick black hair and a pair of roguish grey eyes, but there was a sense of concern and worry in them too.

Lorna swallowed softly and murmured. "I-I'm fine."
"Does 'I'm fine' mean, 'I'm really not fine?" Kaden asked.
Lorna hesitated taken aback at his words, then nodded slowly. "Yeah..."
Kaden nodded in understanding and held his hand out to her. "I can help."
Lorna frowned softly. "How can I trust you?"
"That is a smart question," Kaden nodded slowly. "I suppose you can trust me, because I know how this feels... to be thrown out."
Lorna nodded slowly then walked forward and took his still outstretched hand. "Alright..."

Kaden smiled and led her into the shadows.