2

Kali

Not gonna lie, I woke up pretty early the next morning, which was very unlike me. Dad had allowed Kaleb to stay at the pack house overnight as long as he slept on the sofa in my room. But of course, he ended up sneaking into my bed.

I slowly pulled Kaleb's arms away from my waist, trying not to wake him. I got up from the bed and headed over to my dresser where I did my best to make my hair look decent without having to brush it out. Im lazy, I know.

I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where my dad was reading the newspaper in his usual spot at the table and mom was cooking up something for breakfast. "Good morning mom, dad," I said, hoping to put some good vibes in the air before we had a discussion about Kaleb.

Dad simply glanced up at me while Mom kissed my forehead. "Want some breakfast?" She asked as she put a few plates on the counter. I looked past her to see bacon and eggs sizzling on the stove, which automatically made my mouth water.

"Do I need to go get Kaleb? He might be hungry," I mumbled, hoping for a good answer.

Mom looked over to dad and sighed. "That's fine."

I made my way back up the stairs and into my room where Kaleb was still sound asleep. He had somehow wrapped the blankets around his body and had one of his legs hanging sideways off the bed. I walked over to him and nudged his shoulder. "Kaleb." I said, "Get up."

He muttered some words and turned his head away from me. I groaned and tugged at his arm. "There's food."

He shot up from the bed but fell straight to the floor due to all of the heavy blankets. "What the hell," He asked, looking down at the way he was tangled up.

I rolled my eyes and helped him up off the floor. "So," He said pulling me into his chest. "You're parents are actually allowing me to come down and have breakfast with you?"

I smirked and nodded. "Look, I know you're wolf doesn't allow disrespect since you're the next alpha, so if my dad says anything, please don't make a big deal about it."

He nods and let's me go, waiting for me to show him to the kitchen. Once we got there, Mom and Dad glared at him. "It'd be nice if you put a shirt on," Dad said before continuing to spread jelly on his toast.

Kaleb looked down at his bare chest and sighed. He looked over to me and said, "I'll be back," before running up the stairs.

I fixed us both a plate, giving him a few extra eggs since I knew he loved them so much. Once he got back, he sat down next to me and begin eating without saying a word.

You're parents are staring at me. He mind linked me without looking up at his plate. I brought my head up and sighed as they both glared at him.

"He's a person, not an alien, so stop looking at him like that," I spoke up, waiting for the response from my Dad.

Soon enough he let out a quiet growl while my mother tried to calm him. "He's the next alpha, correct?" He asked.

Kaleb looked up at him and nodded.

"So, that means that my daughter will have to come and join your pack so she can become the Luna. Let me ask you something, Kaleb. How would a bunch of shadow wolves appreciate a snow wolf being their Luna? How would your father feel about that? I know he has never taking a liking to our breed," Dad asked as he slipped off his reading glasses.

Kaleb looked over to me. "Sir, I'm a year older than Kali, and with the Alpha gene I knew she was my mate the moment I shifted for the first time. As soon as I found out I let my father know. He surprisingly was perfectly fine with a snow wolf as my mate and held a meeting with the pack about here becoming Luna someday."

Mom looked over to Dad. "This could be a good thing," She said in a soft voice. "The wars between us would finally end. I say we just let them go."

Dad looked to the both of us and sighed. "When is she required to transfer to your pack?" He asked.

I looked over to Kaleb, wondering the same thing. "My father would prefer she transfer ASAP so she can begin her training as Luna. I am supposed to be taking my father's position within the next year," He said as he took my hand under the table.

I could tell by the expressions on their faces that they weren't happy about this, and I could understand why. They were probably planning on having me around the pack until they passed away, but now they knew that wasn't going to happen since it was my duty to lead another pack.

"If you can have everything packed by tonight we can go ahead and move you into the pack house," Kaleb said as he darted his attention towards me.

I nodded and went back to finishing my last piece of bacon when Oliver walked into the kitchen. "Morning ever- What the hell is he doing here?" He asked, his eyes turning gold as a sign of his wolf attempting to take over.

"Honey, this is Kaleb. Kali's mate. She will be leaving for his pack tonight," Mom said.

Oliver looked over to me, his eyes returning to the normal gray. "And you aren't going to reject that mutt?" He asked, causing Kaleb to growl under his breath.

I took his hand, hoping and praying to the moon goddess that a fight wouldn't break loose. "Oliver, he isn't like the rest of his pack. We are going to end the rivalry between us and the DarkMoon pack," I mumbled.

He laughed. "Whatever. But don't come crawling back to me when he ruins your life."

I sighed and brought Kaleb up to my room with me. "I'm really sorry about Oliver. He lost part of his hearing after being attacked by one of the omegas in your pack a few years ago, I said as I took two Nike duffel bags of of the top shelf in my closet.

"If you want to help we can be out of here by 3:00," I said as I handed him a drawstring bag.

"Yeah sure," He said.

"Just put stuff like my hair brush and shampoo and whatnot in there. I can deal with my clothes."

•••

For the next hour or two we worked on packing up the majority of my belongings. I had packed the Nike bags all the way to the top with clothes and just left the ones that I didn't like hanging in my closet. I figured another shewolf in the pack could wear them instead of having them go to waste.

Kaleb was laid out on the bed when i came out of the bathroom. "We got done a lot earlier than I thought," I said as I plopped down next to him and stared at the ceiling.

"You do know that my car is still on my pack's territory, right?" He asked as he turned over to face me and laid his arm across my waist.

"Ugh. Do you think we could just run? Your territory is what? 10 miles away from here? It's not that far," I suggested.

He shrugs. "Yeah I guess, but I'm not carrying all of your bags."

I smiled and sat up. "Do I still have to go to school?" I ask, hoping he would say no.

He nodded. "I have to train and get an education at the same time so that means you do too."

I groaned and tossed one of the bags over my shoulder. "You coming or not?"

Hi! Hope you guys are liking the story so far! At one time this whole book series was written on another account, but I wanted to rewrite all of my stories so I just went ahead and made a new account so most of my covers will have a different username on them.