Upa x Reader: The Harsh Reality of a Screw Up

We've all had crushes. Big ones, small ones, real, fiction. Let's face it, in some way we've all had it. Fancying someone can be almost beautiful. The flutter of the heart is truly beautiful. It could spread it's wings and fly but it could also crash land in an instant.

---

"Welcome master. Come right this way please." You bowed. You walked over to a table with the special customer and company behind.

The three followed and took a seat at the table offered to them. You handed them menu's before bowing and walking off.

Upa, Liang, and Qi all sat the the table looking at the menu's in silence. Liang coughed before speaking, "So....when do you think Nanba opened such a bizarre setting on an island dedicated to prison?"

"Knowing this place it might have always been here." Qi replies.

Upa nods, showing them he's listening.

Liang put the menu down, "Why do you look so serious? Today's a celebration of your birth, is it not?"

Qi sweat drops, "Why don't you just say birthday?"

Upa places down the menu, "I'm just wondering why (y/n) works here."

His two friends nods. One could see it wasn't odd for her to work here, I mean, she isn't a prisoner and she certainly isn't a guard either.

"She's your age and a teenage girl. Honestly I don't find it all that surprising that she would work in a cafe." Liang admitted.

You came back with a pen and little notepad. "May I take your order masters?" You smiled, with a tilt of the head.

Upa stiffened and looked away, a small blush evident on his face.

Qi grinned, "Liang and I will take today's special. Say Upa," He calls for his attention.
"Hm?" Upa hums.
"Didn't you say you were hoping for a kiss from (y/n)?"

Liang's eyes widen while Upa does the same but with a blush.

You blushed and stared downwards. A small smile and blush on your face. 'Qi you are the best.' You thought, heart fluttering and mind racing with cute romantic thoughts.

Upa stands up, "N-no way! I'd never kiss her!"

You take a step back, "...Never?"

The three look at you and are taken back. Upa reaches a hand out, "That's not-"

"I thought...you were into me." You stepped back.

"(Y/n)!" Upa called when you dropped the stuff and rushed over to the counter and headed for a door with "Staff Only" on it.

"You really screwed up." Qi commented.

"What!? This is all your fault!"

"I was just trying to get you laid! You breaking her heart is on you!"

"....I still want my lunch." Liang speaks up.