Nico x Reader: Girls

Girls change everything.

That's what Nico believed.

The new cell mate was when everything changed, as Rock, Uno and Jyugo all fawn over her. Nico pretends to as well. When really has a little bit of a problem with girls. They change everything for the bad. Never for the good. But then...his view changes on them, because of one girl named (Y/n) (L/n).

☆- - - - - -☆

Nico laid in front of the television. He singed his legs, held his head up with his hands, and smiled brightly as the hero won against the villain in this new anime he's been watching.

"Hooray! The hero wins again!" Nico sat up cheering.

His little happy fun time was fleeting before the familiar voice of his new cell mate spoke up.

"The hero always wins."

He looks over and frowns. You walked over and came to a stop. "Just once I'd like the villain to win. That way it's more realistic. The main character can't win all the time."

He forces a smile up at you. "Why do you want the villain to win?"

You shrugged your shoulders, "Because the main character winning gets tiring. Sure it's great but it's unrealistic where they win like every big fight they get into."

Nico frowns, "Well I think it's great."

"Then good for you." You smile.

You stayed in silence. An awkward silence. Oh how you wanted to escape it so bad, even more than this cell.

"So...do you like anime?" Nico asks, breaking the silence.

You look up in thought, "Not really."

Cue Nico gasping and grasping at his heart, falling to the ground all dramatically.

"Just kidding." You stick out your tongue teasingly.

"I hate you." Nico cries. He silently hoped you'd get your karma one day for almost giving him a heart attack.

You giggled.

You took a seat on front of the television, watching as the main character laid in the hospital bed.

"Weak." You called.

Nico sits up immediately. "WHAT!?!?"

"It's so pathetic how he ended up in the hospital like that. Did that doctor just say he might die? Are you kidding me? The enemy took more damage, why is this kid acting like the dramatic one? I guarantee you that in the next few episodes, the enemy will return perfectly fine while the main character is laying in their death bed, praying that his friends are to fight their hardest." You start.

Nico was about to speak up when you continue.

"I bet all the supporting characters are gonna get taken out during a rough battle, but when 'I am the almost dead main character' steps in, they take down the enemy easy peasy. Talk about pathetic." You close your eyes, no longer wanting to watch the anime.

"You can't just talk about anime like that!?" Nico shouts.

You blink, "Why not? It's totally predictable."

Before Nico could argue back, his friends stepped in.

But they didn't do it for him.

"Quit yelling at her Nico." Uno steps in front of you.

"You're gonna make her cry." Jyugo adds.

"It's just her opinion." Rock concluded.

Nico stepped back. He turned around and kept his head low as he walked over to his bed. He wrapped himself up in the blanket and faced the wall.

While the guys kept asking you questions in concern, a guilt wave washed over you. You pushed through the guys and sat on Nico's bed.

"Do you wanna watch my favourite anime?" You asked quietly.

"No thanks." He replies depressed.

"It'll just be you and me. The guys won't bother us." You urged.

Nico hesitated. "What anime is it?"

"(Your favorite anime)." You replied. Nico couldn't see it, but he knew you were smiling.

"I guess." He sits up with a smile.

☆--------☆

You burst into laughter at a certain scene in the anime.
(If your favorite anime is more serious and doesn't have a comedic scene, just roll with it)

Nico glanced at you and blushed.

He quickly looked back at the screen, hand over his heart.

Girls change everything.

They do.

His opinion on girls changed, because of one special girl. The one who's captured his heart. (Y/n).