CHAPTER 4: STRENGTH

Beginne am Anfang

He shook his head, biting his lip. "If you're going then so am I."

There was a long moment of silence as Helene digested what he had just said. As her gaze trailed up and down his body to size him up, she realized he too had gone up to change from his suit to his fighting gear with weapons adorned on his belt, ready to be used.

"Legion!" Helene raised her hands with an exasperated sigh. "Fine. But you have to stay close to me and please for the love of god, please don't die."

He looked at her and winked. "Sure. I'll stick to you like glue."

"Not in my personal bubble." Helene pushed him back when he tried to come too close.

Legion looked up and over their heads. "Let's catch Brenna before she gets away."

Helene turned around with a quick nod and once again began to push through the small crowd which was reduced by the minute. Brenna was still where she was, talking to another guard and making big hand motions. Helene stopped beside her as she finished her orders.

"-all of them in the dungeons below. I don't care if you're dying. I don't care if you are dead. Your duty comes first. Got it?"

The man gave her a jerky nod and shuffled away as fast as he could to do as he was told. As soon as he disappeared, Brenna turned to them.

"I don't have time for this. What do you want?" Then she looked at Legion and her eyes showed no sign of surprise, but she added, "Your Highness."

Legion made a face. "Please don't. Just call me Legion."

Instead of answering, she turned back to Helene. She quickly mustered up her courage and said, "Take us to the fight. We can help."

Brenna burst out laughing.

As they waited for her to finish, Helene spotted a familiar face. She quickly ducked her head and waited for them to pass.

"You can't be serious. The heir of Belwick and some guests want to help." Brenna wiped her eyes. Suddenly she sobered, as if she remembered the attack that was still ongoing outside. "Look, I have to go. It's better if you both stay safe inside here. The guards will protect you."

Just as she was about to walk away, Helene grabbed her hand and viciously turned her around so she faced them once again. This time, Brenna's eyes widened a small fraction before her face turned back to the emotionless slate.

Helene spoke slowly and in a low voice, hoping to get an emotion out of her. Or perhaps a yes. "You will take us there whether you like it or not and we are going to help instead of sitting here like some useless pieces of shit. Now take us there."

Brenna gave her an amused look. "Fine."

Legion quirked a blond eyebrow. "But...?"

"But if we get in trouble, you with the pointy nose is going to take the blame." She pointed to Helene who glared angrily.

"I do not have a pointy nose!" She snapped, her hands going straight for her nose.

Brenna shrugged and held out her hands. "Looks like you're both ready for some trouble. Let's go."

AFTER LEGION FINISHED throwing up in a bush, Helene cleared her throat. "Well that wasn't very princely."

It seemed as if this was one of the side effects of teleportation for the first time.

Helene looked around. "Where did you teleport us anyways?"