“Look, you need to explain what happened to you,” Luke stated, his body language and tone practically radiating seriousness. Nodding, I began to grip the thin sheets on the bed that covered me. Why was I nervous? This was Luke.

            But that still didn’t help the butterflies.

            “Well,” I trailed off, not really wanting to tell them what happened. We had considered the werewolves to be our allies and to find that they weren’t? I don’t think that Luke would be in the best of moods. So I stuck to the bare minimum.

            “I was walking around… somewhere after I stormed outta my dad’s place…” I struggled to remember some of the details so I just skipped over that and continued with my story, lightly glossing over the whole scene where they took my power. By the end of my ‘story’, I had both Fearies in shock, Trevor having his jaw dropped down.

            “So yeah…” I trailed off, not able to look them in the eye. It was silent in the room for a few more minutes until Luke sighed, not glancing my way.

            “I’m sorry,” he said firstly. “I’m sorry that we weren’t there, that we couldn’t help you. I swear we would’ve helped you if we could, it’s just-“ I stopped him there. From just the few things that Luke had said, I knew he had been and probably still was wracked with guilt, even when it wasn’t his fault.

            But what he said brought a question into my mind. “Where’s Alex?”

            “Um…” This time it was Trevor who trailed off, not meeting me at the eyes and I could practically taste the tension from him but all I got from Luke was pent up anger. Thankfully it was pent up because if it wasn’t, I’m sure that I’d be hearing a bit more… yelling. Maybe some stuff breaking.

            But I didn’t care about that right now. All I could focus on was Alex.

            “Guys, what happened to him?” I yelled as they didn’t reply to me. Making the move to sit up, concern flooded both boys’ eyes as Trev pushed my down lightly and Luke sighed. Man, what was with him? He’s acting like a stressed, middle-aged man.

            “Don’t freak out but… Alex has sort of been taken.”

            “What do you mean ‘sort of’?” My voice was deadly calm as I glared at Luke. Sure, his response surprised me but getting mad at him wasn’t going to help Alex in any way.

            “I mean one day he was here and the next-“ He snapped his fingers. “Gone. Not a trance and no answer to anything. That was about a week ago. There’s been nothing much said concerning him these past few days and we haven’t announced it to anyone except trusted people in the castle.”  

            “But eventually people will figure it out,” I interjected. Luke looked up at me, his expression grim and his normally light brown eyes dark as he answered.

            “Hopefully he’ll be back before anyone can notice.”

            “Well then how do you plan on getting him back?” Luke glared at me.

            “We will, just…” His posture changed as he slumped down, looking a bit defeated. “Just relax and try to heal. Your power doesn’t just come back altogether, you need to rest for you to regain your full power.”

            I nodded absentmindedly; this wasn’t exactly wasn’t the ideal situation for me but right now Luke was the one who knew best, as much as I didn’t want to admit it.