Chapter Thirty One

•••

•••

Usually Georgie never got to see 4AM, most nights the moment her head touched the pillow she would be out cold for a calm, blissful sleep. There were lots of pretty things to see at 4AM, it was: the pretty blue and yellow hues just starting to intermingle with the star-speckled sky; the way even the smallest sounds echoed across the valley. She'd still rather be asleep though, the fact she was up to witness it all was a problem.

Sirius had been behind the seemingly useless green dust. She'd strongly doubted herself for several hours now but this time, it all genuinely seemed to add. Intricate tree diagrams littered the bed, each one coming to the same conclusion. Even after deciding to trust her slow mind, sleep still evaded her, wondering what to do about it. She wanted to tell Regulus but didn't want to annoy Sirius who still made her heart jump (admittedly it was more of a half-hearted skip at this point). Fenwick's mind was still addled with love to offer serious advice until he was out of the phase. 

Still, perhaps a second opinion, some soothing advice would help calm her down. She didn't want to make four in the morning her new bedtime after all.

Professor McGonagall wasn't expecting nor hoping for a visitor at such an early hour, enjoying a peaceful slumber instead. That was why it came as a bit of shock when she was awoken to find Georgie perched on the end of her bed, one hand raised menacingly in the air as she pondered whether it would be very disrespectful to tap her Head of House awake. Unlike Professor Slughorn, she merely sighing wearily at the sight. She'd known this day would come eventually and frankly, avoiding a morning visit from Georgie for Five years was somewhat of a record.

"Morning, Professor. Long time, no see."

"Do you know what time it is?" She asked plainly, fumbling around for her glasses with one hand.

"It's ..." Georgie thought for a moment, "After four but not quite five."

Professor McGonagall sleepily glanced at her clock, "It's Quarter past exactly."

"Hey, I was right!" She beamed, "Two for two ..." Quickly her face became solemn again, "But the um ... other thing I was right about wasn't good sadly."

I'm not sure this was either, Professor McGonagall thought to herself but instead asked, "What was it, Georgie?"

"Well ..." She wrung her hands, tilting her head towards the window uncomfortably before beaming, "Hey! You have such a pretty view of the moon from your - "

"Georgie, please!" The girl jumped, "I do have a class to teach in four hours and forty-five minutes and whilst I am always here to provide guidance to those who need it, I will gently ask you to keep it concie."