A night at Ashton's House

"Haha, I'm kidding. I think? He looks at you in a way that I've never seen before. And I known this kid for a while. Trust me." He starts the engine.
"Wanna go for a little ride, so he sobers up a little more?" You asked.
Remembering that the car was neither yours or Jack's. But Ashton would never know, he was to hammered to even know what the colors of his socks was.

Alex agreed gladly, and was a gentleman the entire car drive. Surprisingly you managed to keep your inner fangirl inside, and behave as a normal person. You really liked getting to know him, and he was like a normal person - and even that surprised you.
He parked the car in the driveway, and turned to the backseat to see a half sleeping Ashton tugged up in a fetus position. You enroll yourself out of the car, and lean a hand towards the door. Breathing heavily thinking what in the hell you got yourself into.
Jack was on his phone, with a cigarette in his hand - ordering a Uber so he could get himself home.
"You know I could stay and help you with him, right?" He said trying to convey him to stay.
You ensured him that you could manage this one time, and if something happened he was just a short call away.

Well inside you help Ashton to sit down in his large couch, while you stumble into the kitchen to find something to eat - and a bottle of water.
All you could find was some left over pasta, and ham. Throwing the pasta in the microwave, and making a fast ham&cheese toastie. You fetch the water bottles and try to assemble the food in your hands - trying not to drop it on the floor.

Ashton was cuddled up with a fluffy blanket when you entered the living room.
"Here, I made some food. Try to eat please." While you lend him the water bottle.
"Thanks." He looked at you with his very tired eyes, and drank half the bottle all at once. It didn't take him long to throw himself over the food, and spilling it all over his shirt.
You started to laugh a little - and understood how much you actually missed hanging out with this goofball.
"Here let me help you." You grabbed a napkin and dried the sauce from his shirt, and took the plate away from him.

"Y/n, why are you even doing this?" You helped him up to the bathroom to get him cleaned up, and getting him to bed.
"Ehm. I kinda saw that this overly drunken boy at a party, and he needed a saving grace tonight." You smiled at him, while throwing his dirty clothes in the washing machine, and giving him his toothbrush.
"Thank you." He lend his elbow on your shoulder, almost unable to stand straight on his feet.
"I've missed this y/n! You and me, this, just being. You know." He tried to whisper to you.
You grabbed his arm and pulled the covers off the bed, and made him crawl under them. Running your hands through his hair, and taking a breath.

You went downstairs to clean up the mess of a kitchen that he'd left, when your phone started to buzz. It was Crystal. She was both worried and curious what happened after you left, and if you where safely home. Ensuring that nothing really went down, and that you wanted to talk to a sober Ash - instead of this nonsense speaking mess. Explaining that you where at his house, and the couch was more appealing to sleep in than going home and sneak through your parents house at 4A.M.
C and Mike assured you that talking and clear the air with Ash was the best move, and that they would call you back in the morning.
After you've cleaned up the kitchen you found your way to the spare bathroom to clean yourself up, and trying to remove the little amount of make up that still was left on your face.
Grabbing the fuzzy blanket, and a pillow you crashed your head down in the soft and cosy sofa. And found yourself in a comfortable position all fell asleep almost instantly.

You woke up with the sun beaming in your eyes. It hit you that you forgot how early the sun rises since the house is on the top of a hill, with the most beautiful skyline.
After muffering to yourself a couple of minutes and trying to turn away from the sun, you caved in and stood up.  The clock wasn't more than 7.30 A.M, but watching the sun rise, and watching the beautiful view was suddenly worth the lack of sleep from last nights events.
Stumbling in to the kitchen to make yourself a cup of coffee, it hit you that you were only wearing a T-shirt and your underwear - in ASHTON'S house. Looking around you try so see if he was awake, or that he'd made his way downstairs. With a sight of relief that he wasn't there, you run to his wardrobe to steal a pair of shorts. It was more appropriate that you stole his clothes, than him seeing you in your underwear again.
*beep* - you hear the coffee machine - the coffee was done. And you could finally relax a moment before the hangover monster would wake up, and question why you was in his house at this hour of the day.
Taking your phone you snapped a photo and sent to Crystal - "wasn't so bad waking up at this hour. The view is amazing."  She was always up and awake early, so you got a short text from her saying : "good luck with the Ashman today, but don't be to late. The guys are having rehearsals for the tour later on today. Kisses."
Sipping your coffee you out your phone down to take in the moment piece by piece.

Suddenly you hear a knock on the glass-door behind you. "Well hello! Can I help this intruder out of my home?" Ashton didn't remember that you had followed him home, and put him to bed. 
"I'll be ushering myself out then, I guess." You stood up, and started the fold the blanket that was wrapped around your shoulder. You gave him a assuring laugh.
"You don't remember anything from last night or?" Trying to fish out if he even remembered anything.
Ash scratched his head, and shook is head. He'd only remembered the events that lead up to the party at Luke's.

You grabbed your stuff, and stated to walk up to the entrance hall, when Ashton grabbed your arm. "Please, stay a little. Give me a little heads up on what even happened." He had a worry look on his face. You couldn't say if it was a hangover look, or a actually caring look. But you agreed, but only on one condition: "you make breakfast."

You explained it fast and easy how he got to drunk, and that you and Jack brought him home. And that you wanted to stay over just in case something happened. Cuz if he got drunk enough he could do anything.
He was standing by the counter mixing a batter of pancakes while he laughed at himself. "You know, I only drank to much, because I wanted the confidence to really talk to you. I know we talked at the show, but you know." He looked down at the batter, trying not to focus on how shitty he was feeling moth mentally and physically after last night.
"Ash, I didn't know you wanted to talk to me that bad. It was only to come over and do so." You layed you hand on his shoulder, and taking over the batter. He pulled himself up on the counter checking his phone, and snapping a photo.
You pushed him, so he dropped his phone. "No photos... I kinda ditched y/bf/n to join Crystal last night. So no exposing my secrets!! And this is a once and ONLY."

You fumbled your way to the freezer to find the hidden bacon storage that Ashton always bragged about. "BINGO!" While giving a smirk, and ripping it out of the fully stocked freezer.
"Does Crystal know your here?" Ash turned to look at you.
"Yeah, she and Mike does. They called me last night when you was a sleep." You assures him that it was nothing to be scared or even ashamed of.

The pancakes tasted like heaven, the perfect "the day after" breakfast.
After finishing you last bite, you turned to Ash who was digging in his 5th pancake.
"I've misses this Ash! Really. I'm so so sorry I just ran off in Sidney. I know it's a lane excuse, and it's so long ago. But it's been biting me so long." You felt almost the tears building up. Forgetting how emotional you always get after a night out.
"Y/n it's ok. You're here now right? We're good for now, remember?. cuz I remember saying that to you in a bathroom last night? Or was it just me who did?"
You started cracking up in laughter, and said that it was quite correct what he remember, none or less that he didn't bring up the fact that you were standing there semi undressed.
"You know. I just need to tell you that-" Ashton put his hand over your mouth.
"Sssh, no need. I'm eating, and don't wanna spoil my perfectly made breakfast." He laughed at himself whispering something that you could quite get the hang of.
"Ash I mean it! I didn't leave Sidney because you, or the guys ever did me anything wrong-" putting your hands over your face, and leaning on the table. "I left because I got cold feet about what we did. I was scared. The no strings attached thing- it didn't seem right anymore, or fair to any of us." You expressed that you left on the only terms you knew that worked, and that was to break any contact you had, and never see him again - no matter how much it would hurt.
Ashton almost chocked his last piece of food - gasping for air. You handed him your glass of water, and patted his back.
"I got too attached Ash. And you weren't in it for the same game." The mood slowly got more sad, and depressing by the second.
"I stole your 5sos3 hoddie tho." Trying to break the tension. Ashton looked at you and shook his head with a little smile.
"So it's you who's the sweater thief. I blamed Sierra for weeks." Now with a slighter more happy tone in his voice.