Too close to comfort ?

You shook out of your comfort bubble and y/bf/n was pinching you in the arm.
"Hello! Are you even here? Talk to me." she seemed a bit agitated and finished her last sip of coffee.
You tried to recoup and reached for your purse "my phone." You knew that you had a photo album on hidden in there; and thought that would be the easiest way to explain the situation.
Scrolling all the way to the top of the album. A photo of you and Ashton suddenly appeared. The first photo, a selfie to be more specific. Some little memorabilia of that nice guy that helped a lost puppy at the airport.
You told her the short story, that he ended up not letting you take the bus and offering you a lift. And he stayed in touch for a couple of days; and asked if you wanted to come to his show in Sidney. At that time, you didn't have a clue how big these guys were, and since you had nothing else to do you accepted. You got to know each other a little and got quite a good friendship out of it – and hanged out a couple of times. Since you were both staying in his hometown.
But at a point he was leaving, and you just slipped away. You didn't talk for about 1 year or so, when you suddenly met him in New York, for his album release.

"what happened so?" She had this exitement and curiosity her eyes. Like you were telling her the greatest story of all time.
He had invited you to the release party the same night, but you remember that you declined, but regretted so hard after. You had forgotten how good of a friend he was to you – when you we're back in Sidney.
"I haven't seen him since. But it's just a couple of weeks ago." You gave a little awkward laugh.
You've heard that he was dating this model – so you didn't want to come in the way or make a scene. You didn't really know the rest of the band very good – you only partied together, and you were backstage at a couple of their shows, but Ashton didn't really give them space to get to know you.

"and now we're here I guess."
Not a massive story but you knew that for y/bf/n this is more than she ever would imagine. You pulled your phone back in the purse; and got ready to leave the coffee shop. Never in a million years did you think that he would recognize you, after all this time. And you've always believed that you were easily forgettable, and you were one of the many people he met throughout the years.

Y/bf/n looked at you with a look that you've never seen before. A look of surprise - irritation and disbelief. She shook her head, while you shipped the now cold coffee.