二十三|Twenty-Three

Not So Bad

The last things I saw were a pair of heterochromatic eyes that shone with worry

A barely audible sentence came from my mouth, before I slipped into the darkness and have it consume me.

"For-give... M-me..."

"Kura...mi!" Blurred and unfocused voices were heard all around me, my eyes still too strained to open as I tried to concentrate on the voices.

It was like my head was submerged in water, everything too blurry for me to sense as my eyelids refused my command of opening, plunging me into the darkness behind them.

"She... rest... can't... leave." More of the voices came, the words I tried to grasp at making no sense to me as I attempt to move something else other than my eyes.

Using all of my strength, I finally get little movement from my finger, the limb twitched from my command while gasps came from the unknown voices.

"Kur...yami!" The voices got louder and clearer each passing second, a sudden white light penetrating through my eyelids as I squint from it, a groan escaping my mouth in annoyance.

Thinking of opening my eyes again, I will them to move, feeling them slowly flutter as the white light shone through my opened lids.

"Holy shit... Who brought the sun in...?" I groaned, closing my eyes again from the sheer burn from the light in front of me, waiting for the pain to wash away and my eyes to adjust to the new setting.

"Kurayami!" Cries from my classmates caught me off guard, my eyes wandering over to the side of the bed I was in to see Midoriya, Uraraka, Iida and a few others as well. 

"Why are you here? The match's still going right? I'm sure I wasn't out long." I grumbled, not meeting their eyes and staring at the blanket that laid atop my lap, thumbs stroking the fabric in circles. 

"We were all worried about you. You fell right on your back after that fall, Recovery Girl was worried you'd have fractured your tailbone or something." Uraraka said, eyes wide as the others nodded in agreement, myself staying silent.

"Well, I'm fine. You all can leave now. I'll go back after I'm done." I concluded, pulling myself out of bed, my bare feet hitting the cold tiled floors as I stood up, them worrying over that I'm not in the condition to stand.

"You are in no condition to get out of bed this early, Kurayami-kun! I suggest you remain in bed until Recovery Girl permits that you are fully restored to stand, nonetheless walk!" Iida explained, hands doing wild gestures as I breathe out from my nose, a small grin on my face.

"I'm good. I wasn't dealt with serious injuries. Maybe a few scratches, but overall better than what most of you got." Lifting my right arm that was littered with burns from the attack Bakugo made, I hover my left palm over it, a faint glow emitting from it.