CHAPTER I: An Introduction to Hell

Today was different, like something in the air sort of different. I threw the duvet off my body and crawled out of my silk bed, slipped my feet into my Versace slippers and put my arms in to the matching robe. I could hear slow footsteps of the maid bringing my father his morning coffee and probably something more substantial for breakfast. It didn't bother me, he'd been doing it for years now, I just wished he would be more subtle about it.

I tiptoed down the stairs, a yawn escaping my mouth, the smell of black coffee bombarding my senses. Mother wasn't usually home this early, especially on a weekend, by this time, she was most likely with her personal trainer, so the smell of her favourite drink was unsettling.

"Mother?" I called out, my voice echoing off the marble walls.

"Yes dear, come through to the atrium," My mother called out, surprisingly enthusiastic considering the workout she must've endured last night, "I have something to tell you."

My first Instinct was to think that Mother and Father were finally getting a divorce, relief flooded through my veins as I realised the vicious lies and adulterous behaviour was too stop. Walking down the hallway towards the main room a spring appeared in my step, what a lovely start to the day! As the thoughts swirled around my head Father appeared in the doorway hair mused and pyjamas ruffled, that coffee must've packed a punch.

"Ahm... You're both here, umm," Father ran his hands through his already tussled hair something that always happens when the maid comes to visit.

"Darling," Mother purred with a vicious glint in her eye "Did you have a nice sleep?"

"Fine, did you?" The battle lines were drawn, Now I just had to sit through the subtle insults and try not to be sick as they pretended all was well in the Azad household.

The same scripted lines fell from their lips as it did every morning. I cleared my throat, waiting for there attention to turn to me.

"What's the matter?" I asked suddenly realising that my parents glances had some intention.

"We have something we need to tell you." My Mother spoke, authority laced into her tone, the words she was to utter would be permanent, I could tell.

Confusion written on my face, I tried to think of all the things that I had done since the family ‪dinner on Sunday‬. Surely there was nothing too troublesome that I had done, it had only been two days. After coming up blank, I looked to my mother, gesturing for her to continue.

"Your father and I have decided to send you to The Innes Institution."