L U V

CHAPTER ELEVEN :
TIFFANY'S POINT OF VIEW

The time on the clock reads 8:47

I stare at the blue screen in my car blankly thinking about all the possible things jahseh could've said to me if his mom had not walked in. But nothing sounds like something he'd actually say. The airport parking lot is busy and looks like there's not a lot of parking spots available. I circle around the lot for a while until a parking space becomes open.

Once I'm finally settled and In a parking space I  browse my phone. Go on instagram, Snapchat, text a few people but not much time goes by. I look at the time at the top of my screen "9:08" I sigh. "Why am I so impatient."

I adjust my seat to lean back and I turn up the music on the radio a little bit louder. For a few moments I just sit and relax and start to think about what miles said earlier. A lot just happened in like two days and it is a lot to take in. I'm kinda surprised I handled it the way I did.

I close my eyes but my rest gets interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. The caller id reads "Jahseh" I immediately answer without any hesitations. "Hey jah I was just thinking bout you how you doing?" My voice is beaming with excitement.

"I'm good feeling a little bit better but it's kind of a slow recovery. I wanna leave so damn bad but there's no way for me to leave my leg is busted". He laughs a little bit "but don't worry bout me I heard what happened with Isiah I'm so sorry baby girl both you and him didn't deserve this loss"

"Yeah but I'm okay. There's part of me that's glad that he can't hurt me anymore but there's part of me that still had hope in him that he would realize what he was doing was wrong and things would turn back to the way the use to be. But you know I guess that wasn't the case."

"Yeah it'll take time for you to move on but your a real strong girl so I know this won't bother you for long." I hear the noise of the tv in the background but ignore it "yeah it won't umm anyways I've been meaning to ask what is it that you were going to tell me last night you were like "look Tiffany I've been waiting-" and then you stopped because your mom came in."

There is silence for a moment on the other line "uh it's nothing it really doesn't matter now" I sit up in my seat "yes it does matter tell me."  I don't notice how loud I am until a family walks by the car and stares. Since I have the windows down they can hear my whole conversation. I just smile awkwardly. "ok I was gonna tell you that I've been waiting till you broke up with Isiah to tell you this because  I don't know it's just something I felt for a long time. I like you Tiffany and I'm sure it's pretty obvious but your feelings towards me aren't.

I've liked you since the day I met you but Isiah was with you and I didnt want to get in the way of that but now that you know he's gone I guess I'm allowed to tell you how I feel. But if you don't like be back it's ok I'll understand."

My mouth drops wide open and my heart feels as if it has just fallen into my stomach. It never crossed my mind that jahseh would like me, we was just so close like brother and sister that I didn't think about that ever. "W-wow jah I didn't know you felt that way." I hear his smile through the phone as he speaks "yeah uhh I guess I needed to get my feelings out there but I can tell that there's a lot of others out there that like you soooo..."

I scrunch my face "nah I don't think so." "hah okay well I gotta go my nurses are bugging me to go to sleep I gotta get a lot of rest if I wanna recover quickly. But imma check on you later tonight make sure everything's okay."

"Alright goodnight jah" I say lightly, slowly pulling the phone away "goodnight baby girl." the phone cuts off and my face is beaming with joy. The smile on my face feels hard to get rid of. Did I like jahseh back. I'm not sure if I do but a part of me loves how he treats me like I deserve to be treated but I feel that it would be uncomfortable and awkward to be with one of your childhood best friends.

I look at the time at the top of my screen again "9:23" the phone call only went on for 15 minutes I question shutting off my phone to rest once again.

I am only able to shut my eyes for what feels like a few minutes- due to my phone buzzing. I look at the message and it's from my brother makai.

9:48 pm
guess mom forgot to tell you that grandma and my girl are coming along on the trip too surprise BITCH. 😂 anyways we just landed so we'll let you know when we're outside. 🤪
9:50 pm
ok. damn you really had to bring that bitch along you know I don't like her ass 🙄
9:51 pm
hah I know but she's not as bad as you think she is tiff c'mon you better be nice to her for the 2 weeks that we're going to be here. NO DRAMA please. WE AIN'T ON LOVE & HIP HOP okaaayyy PLEASE! This ain't the BAD GIRLS CLUB ok or THE REAL HOUSEWIVES! this is just a family tryna enjoy their time together so don't FUCK ANYTHING UP
9:54 pm
MAKAI! 🙄 can't promise anything
9:56 pm
we're almost to the exit. Are you parked at pickup or in the lot?
9:57 pm
in the lot but I can pull up to pickup if you want.
9:58 pm
yeah can you do that please thanks :)

I turn my phone off and start the car. As I pull up to pickup I see that there's a long crowded line of cars waiting for people & dropping off. I circle around all the traffic and chaos going on and go to the pickup on the other side where there's less people. I hear my phone buzz again.

10:04 pm
yo we issss hereeee waitinggg soooo where you aaatt?
10:04 pm
I'm on the other pickup side the one on the left side all you gotta do is keep walking and then take a left you'll see me. I have a grey lexus a lil hybrid
10:08 pm
daaamnn how'd you get a nice ass Lexus like that ?

I look back through the window and see makai standing at the corner pointing to the car. My grandma shows up next, then makai's girlfriend raelynn, and lastly my mom.

I hop out of the drivers seat and rush towards them "Mom" I say rushing to her and giving her a big hug causing her to drop her luggage. "Heyyy Tiffany, your all grown up and it looks like your living big, nice car you got here, you never told me you were driving a lexus."

"I bought this when I had a job but I had to quit because it was always getting robbed and shot down by people sooo yeah but after that Isiah payed for everything so".

She nods her head and moves aside allowing me to greet the others. Next in line is makai "heeeyyy brotherrrrrr" I shout squeezing him into a big hug "you've gotten taaaall"? "And you uhhh grew a couple inches" he says unsure, we both start laughing. I let go of him and turn to my grandma who has a large grin on her face waiting for a hug.

She opens her arms out "come here baby give your grandma a hug" I rush over to her and give her the longest tightest hug I have ever given her "it's so nice to see you after all these years! Look at how big you've grown. Wow your really a woman now!"

"Thank you you haven't aged at all since I last seen you grandma still stunning "

She flutters her eyelashes "why thank you honey". And lastly raelynn stands a few feet away just watching everything go on. I give her a light hug and a fake laugh. As I'm pulling away I whisper "you betta stay out my way bitch or we gon have problems"

She doesn't say anything she just continues the fake laugh as do I.

"ALRIGHT FOLKS LETS GET THAT LUGGAGE IN THE CAR SHALL WE!"