5: Memory

_________________________

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty!"  

I jumped slightly at the sound of my brother's voice. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.  

When I opened them I realised I was in my bedroom. But how? The last thing I remember was falling asleep in Gabriel's arms. I didn't feel like I'd been moved.  

I looked down at myself and saw I was in my pyjamas.  

Had everything been a dream?  

The explanation? Wait, what did he explain?  

His birth mark? That thing on his arm is a birthmark? I wonder what it looks like...  

The whole incident? Wait a minute, I was almost violated?!  

By who?!  

The... kiss? Did Gabriel and I kiss?  

Wait, did any of that even happen?  

Did I even go on a date?  

Everything is all... blurry.  

I think I woke up at one point last night but... I can't see anything.  

What was that guys name again? The one I went out with?  

"How was your date last night? I didn't even know you were here! Mom and dad still think you're out. Dad almost called the cops but I told him I'll wait up for you." He looked over at my window. "Why is your window open? It better not have been open all night."  

I turned my head toward my window and saw it half open. That's... weird I don't remember opening it.  

"Ant, shut up. I don't remember what time I got in." I told him truthfully.  

He frowned. "You weren't drinking were you?"  

"No!" At least I don't think I did?  

"Gabe's here." He walked out and Gabriel walked in with a smile.  

"Hey, Lexie how are you?" He asked as he came in and sat at my computer desk.  

I stared at him. He looked so casual.  

"I'm, um, fine. You?"  

He turned on my laptop. "I'm great." And then he completely surprised and baffled me by saying. "Heard you had a date last night. How did it go?"  

My mouth dropped.

What... the hell.

"How did it go?" I asked him slowly.  

He looked toward me and smiled again. "Yeah, how did it go?"  

I shut my eyes and rubbed my forehead. "Uh, I-" Why is everything so blurry? "I can't remember?" I said more like a question.  

He frowned. "That's too bad." He turned back to the screen.  

Wait - there was something I could do. But what was it?  

I lay my head down on my pillow and tried to think.  

What did happen last night?  

I remember walking out of my door, getting in the guys car, whatever his name was, and watching Vampire's Suck and then... it's blank. Like a freaking chalk board.  

I relaxed myself and made everything in my head go blank - even though it pretty much was blank. I tried concentrating on nothing and yet everything.

Weird voices came to mind but they didn't sound familiar.