Instead of walking the short distance of five feet, he teleported and spun me around to face him.

G stared at the bruises, shock and anger stormed across his features. Subconsciously, he raised a hand, brushing his fingers over the black spots. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt.

"Sweetheart? Who did this to you?"

My lip trembled and G pulled me softly against him. "Gaster," I whispered in his jumper. I was all out of tears.

"How?" G sounded struck. I told him the story shortly while he stroked my hair. "I'm done," G growled.

"What?" I asked into his shoulder, which I still barely reached with my forhead.

"I'm going to kill him."

Fear struck through me, replacing the pain shortly. "G no," I cried but he shushed me with a kiss.

Pulling me away, he held me at arm's length before taking my chin in his hand. "This has gone on too long baby. He can't keep hurting the people I l...care about. Not anymore." He sighed and stepped against me. Leaning down, I felt his mouth press against the hollow in my neck, gentle so he didn't hurt me. His fingers brushed my skin and I felt a small tingle, like electricity, run through my body.

He stepped back and Igot an accidental  glance of us in the mirror. "G," I gasped and he smirked. All the bruises were gone. I smiled as much as I could, which wasn't much. "Thank you."

He kissed my forehead. "Want breakfast? I found some fruit leather."

"Sounds good." I wasn't able to eat much, my mind slipping back to Undyne over and over. The fruit tasted like grit in my mouth, like dust. G tucked my leftovers into his pocket, frowning.

"Come on sweetheart," he murmured softly, thinking.

He took my hand and led me out of that little room. We rounded the corridor, stepping into a new, dimly lit hall. There were no windows here and I found myself missing the sunlight in the other room. It was cold but at least there was light.

"Were are we going G?"

He wrapped an arm around my waist, his hand pressed up against my stomach, and smiled.

"In here."

He pushed open a door, leading me in.

I gasped and smiled. Showers!

The bathroom was decently clean with several stalls for showering. There wasn't much privacy but that didn't matter anymore.

With a wink, G passed me a bar of soap and fresh clothing. Where had he found it?

"You stink," he said, laughing raucously at my shocked/insulted expression.

I scoffed but that made me feel better. Giving G a shove, I ran into one of the stalls and stripped. G was still laughing.

Turning on the hot water, I sighed as the steam and heat flushed my back. I put so much time and effort into scrubbing the grime off me that Undyne fell from my thoughts, all my worries temporally washing down the drain with the dirt.

A loud banging sound started reverberating through the walls. It had started after I turned on the water so I thought it was the water heater but the sound continued after I shut the water off.

Putting on my new jumpsuit, I tied the sleeves around my waist and pulled on a white tank top.

Stepping onto the cold, wet tile, I felt the sound's vibrations through the floor. The water on the floor jumped with every bang.

I swirled my foot through the bouncing water, listening to the noise. I wasn't sure if it should be scaring me or not.

"Sweetheart?" G came up behind me, wrapping a bare arm around my stomach, pulling me against him. He wasn't wearing a shirt.

"What's that sound?"

He leaned his nose against the crook of my neck. "You don't stink anymore."

I tried to elbow him but there was only empty space where a stomach would normally be. He laughed again, his deep voice echoing around the room.

"I know you're upset about Undyne...but Dove, we're going to get out of this mess. And it'll get better."

"I know," I whispered, leaning my head against his. G's words filled me with the determination I had been lacking. "You still haven't told me what that noise is."

"I don't..." G froze. His body tensed and he let out a guttural growl. "Let's ask him," he growled.

I looked up sharply. Someone was standing in the doorway, watching us.