"No, I wasn't." Jaemin stuck out his tongue childishly.

"Ugh, you kids these days," Donghyuck rubbed at the bridge of his nose with his thumb and his pointer finger. "I'll just have sex with him or something," he continued wearily, waving his hand at Jaemin like you're dismissed, and walking off down the hallway.

Jaemin's eyes widened, "What the — Donghyuck! Get back here! Whatever it is, don't do that! Sex isn't always the answer!" He jogged off after his friend because you really never did know when he was actually joking.

=

Jaemin fiddled with his pen as his eyes flitted from the teacher to the board to a yellow-clad back. This Lee guy was in his history class, though he had never noticed. It was pretty stupid that he didn't know his name, but the teacher never let them talk in class or do any group projects, so there wasn't even a chance. 

He remembered the guy's face now, however — glasses, yes, and a funny little blue bag that seemed to able to carry endless books. Jaemin heart suddenly thudded in excitement, as he suddenly remembered that he was attractive. Jaemin's cheeks coloured and he looked down at his desk. The girl beside him looked at him in shock — and she should have. Jaemin never blushed. 

Jaemin recalled watching him walk into class at the beginning of the year, the memory suddenly clear as day. Jaemin had looked up — and Glasses had looked at him for a couple seconds, gaze like a stony resilience, and then when Jaemin had gotten flustered and looked back down, he'd never acknowledged him again. All Jaemin could remember thinking was "That was hot," and even though they never spoke, Jaemin had been thankful to be in the same class as him. Then he'd forgotten — until now. Why now?

He hadn't even been in time for the roll-call so he could have paid attention for once to hear his name, because before class he had been too busy trying to convince Donghyuck that he should give Mark something other than his own fucking virginity for their six month anniversary. 

Jaemin's philosophising was interrupted by a harsh: "Jaemin, would you like to say something to your friend here?" Jaemin started and dropped his pen onto the floor at the sudden address from the teacher. Flushing with angry embarrassment, he bent down to pick it up, all the while realising that he must have been mindlessly staring at Lee's back while he had been mulling things over. He came back up, only to come back to find a few people staring at him in interest. 

There was silence for a beat, then another student put his hand up, speaking before she'd had the chance to see him, "Miss? Who are you talking about?"

Miss Jeon coughed and pushed her glasses up her nose, before nodding at who Jaemin had been staring at. The poor guy, still unaware, was currently scribbling something into the back of his copy with complete and utter concentration. "Lee Jeno."

His head shot up so fast he must have gotten whiplash. He turned around and looked at Jaemin, looking just a little clueless. Hey, thought Jaemin dimly, he's still pretty cute.

Wait a minute. You only just learned his name.

"Again, Jaemin, would you like to ask him something?" There was a snigger from the corner of the classroom, and Jaemin almost whipped around to see who had done it. 

Clenching his fist, holding back an eyeroll, "No, miss. I was just thinking while coincidentally looking at him."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Very well. I hope you were thinking about the French Revolution. Extra points if it was Robespierre." She returned to teaching the class, leaving Jaemin to wonder about how this Jeno character could be so cute without trying. Did he even try? He made some headache-inducing highlight yellow t-shirt look good, for fuck's sake.

Jaemin chewed on his lip, staring at the board this time. I should talk to him after class, he decided, but whether it was to apologise or to flirt, he wasn't sure. 

The bell signalled the end of class, and Jaemin resolutely picked up his pencil-case and stuffed it in his bag, but when he looked up Jeno was already speed-walking out the door. 

Jaemin froze and watched him hurry down the corridor and turn right. I can still catch him, he thought desperately. 

No, that's ridiculous, you can't just chase him around the school —

He swung his bag onto his back and gave chase. 

***

everyone in this book is so dumb lmaoo 

hyuck's my favourite character who's urs