Morning Coffee

Lifting my head off Vincent, I attempt to open my eyes which have been crusted with the leftover moisture of last night's cry-fest. Vincent moans in protest and pulls me back onto him.

"Wake up. We still have to go visit Luke at the hospital."

"He's not dying," Vincent softly replies, tightening his hug.

"He's probably sick of the hospital food."

"He's got his parents to take care of him," Vincent ignores, taking another deep breath and falling back asleep.

"You can keep sleeping then. I'm going to make Luke some pancakes." I shake off Vincent's arm. "Do you think he likes blueberries or chocolate chip better?"

Vincent hooks onto me with his leg and pins my back against the bed, resting his arm beside my shoulder.

"Make plain ones."

"That's what you like Vincent," I roll my eyes.

"Exactly. You should be making them for your boyfriend," he beams.

"No, she should be making breakfast for her dad," a figure in my desk chair says, causing me to suddenly lift my leg.

"Oof," Vincent grunts, rolling off onto the floor. He puts his stomach to his thighs, moaning in pain.

"Dad, how have you been here?" I ask, jumping off my bed.

"Way too long," he sighs. "I told the boy to come up and comfort you, not spend the night here!"

"I told him to," I admit frantically.

"I need to go rinse my eyes with bleach," he says, leaving my room.

Remembering that Vincent is still groveling on the ground, I rush over to check on him.

"Why'd you kick me?" he demands.

"It's your fault! Being all cutesy in the morning," I scoff.

"I'm sorry I show my girlfriend affection," Vincent retorts. "Think it's okay?" he asks, looking down.

"Check it yourself!" I yell, blushing profusely.

Vincent moves his fingers to the waist of his shorts and I whack him in the face with a pillow.

"Wait until I'm outside!" I scold, storming out and slamming the door shut.

Back against the wall, I hold onto my face, trying to find the right pace of breaths again.

What's wrong with you, Wendy? Why are you so embarrassed?

I lightly slap my face to calm down and proceed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Vincent enters a while later, water-falling some mouthwash into his mouth since he doesn't have a toothbrush here.

"Mind if I take a shower?" he asks, swishing out the mouthwash and rinsing it out with water.

"Sure. I have some men's clothes I think you can change into."

"What? Your ex's clothes!" Vincent sprays water over the mirrors.

"I wear them as pajamas since they're cheap," I laugh.

"Oh, alright. Do you wanna take a shower too?"

"WHAT? Are you crazy, Vincent?"

"What do you mean crazy? I was just going to let you shower first," he looks at me puzzled. However, his mouth slowly curls into a smirk. "What were you thinking of?"