Parts for Jericho

Previously...

"Let him go have his pity party, we'll meet you outside at eight." North informed before walking away with Josh at her side. I felt a deep guilt and sorrow for Simon but I was sure he'd get over it. After all, it's what's best if they want a strong chance of saving our people... I hope...
_______________________________________
•-•-•3 Hours Later•-•-•
*Markus' P.O.V*

I watched as Simon hugged his legs to his chest, sitting on the bottom step where he usually goes when he's upset. I slowly approached him from behind, making sure not to startle him with any sudden movements. His stress levels were a little high, this worried me.

"You ready to go?" I asked gently as I sat beside the shorter android. Simon shrugged in response, sighing as he rested his chin in his palm, propped up by his elbow.

"C'mon, the others are waiting outside, it's nearing eight and we'd better leave." I informed, placing a firm grip on his left shoulder.

"Oh great." Simon's sarcastic reply made me chuckle in response.

"I had to admit, his laugh was pleasing to hear" Simon thought to himself. He slowly moved his head to rest his cheek against my hand that gripped his shoulder, gently smoothing back and forth.

"Hey... Do you uh think we can hang out when we get back." I said with a fond smile.

"What d'ya say?" I added. Simon shot up from his slouching position, overly excited. I chuckled and held a hand out, to which Simon grabbed tightly before being pulled to his feet.

"Uh yeah sure, let's go then." Simon chuckled nervously speeding ahead of me to hide his obvious blush of embarrassment.

•-•-•

As the two of us left the large ship, we spotted North and Josh waiting beside a beat up, rusty looking car down an abandoned alleyway. Simon slowed his pace until he was just a few feet behind me, anxious to meet the others. I looked over my shoulder at Simon, I shot him a simple wink and a small smile before turning back around to face the others.

*Simons' P.O.V*

Right there I felt my heart drop, breath hitching in my throat. I rewinded the captured moment in my mind palace as we walked, cutting it before saving it to my memory. That way I could watch that wonderful sight over and over again. I smirked before catching up to Markus.

"What are you smirking at?" He asked suspiciously with a grin.

"Oh nothing.." Though my mischievous reply was dragged out slightly. Markus couldn't help but chuckle, shaking my head as we finally reached the two.

"If you two love-birds could stop fucking around, we have to make a move." North spat as we neared, dulling the mood. My body froze up when I heard the term 'love-birds', North's sentence similar to Joshs' from earlier. I wondered if North jealous.

*Markus' P.O.V*

"Alright, shouldn't be too far on foot." Josh stated clearing his throat. I nodded before we began our journey.

"I can't wait to finally help our people." Simon beamed with excitement.

"With your stupid ass, we'll be lucky if we make it out alive." North's unnecessary insult made his smile quickly fade. I wrapped a comforting arm around his waist, a new habit of mine whenever I felt the need to comfort Simon; which was quite often. I wasn't so sure why I had felt so protective over him, but I hated to see Simon upset.

As the four of us made our way down the ghost town forgotten by the people of Detroit, surrounded by buildings with shattered windows and overgrowth plants that covered these buildings, rain slowly began to softly patter against our synthetic skin. It grew heavier as we progressed further, a shower forming from the sky as the clouds grew denser and darkened.