Freedom

*Markus' P

*Markus' P.O.V*

   "You know what Markus, In all my years, that was the worst event I have ever been to" Carl said to me as I wheeled him into the house, away from the midnight rain.

   "Well it gives people who admire your work a chance to finally meet you" I replied as I took his and my jacket and hung them up on the coat rack.

   "Pfft, they don't care about art, they only care about how much money their going to make off of it" Carl stated. I pushed Carl into the abnormally large living room and stopped in front of a table that held numerous glasses of wine, whiskey, and such.

"Would you like something to drink, Carl?" I asked, leaning over him slightly.

"Yes, I would appreciate that" Carl glady accepted. I turned my back towards him and began preparing his favorite drink when he spoke.

   "Markus... Did you leave the light on in the studio?" Carl asked, grabbing my full attention.

   "No... No, I'm sure I didn't" I said, putting down the cold drink I had just made.

   "Call the police" Carl ordered. I obeyed.

   "Detroit police, what's your emergency?" A woman on the other line asked. I paused before answering.

   "This is Carl Manfred's android, at 8941 Lafayette Avenue. We've just returned home and found the lights on. There may have been a break in." I stated to the woman.

   "A patrol car is on the way" She said before disconnecting the call.

   "Let's go check it out" Carl said without hesitation. I took the handles of the wheelchair and cautiously pushed him into the studio. I soon noticed Carl's son, Leo, hunched over a pile of Carl's art pieces.

   "Leo! What are you doing?" Carl demanded, looking up at his son.

   "You refuse to help me, so I'm helping myself" Leo said as he quickly glanced over his left shoulder.

   "It's crazy what some people will pay for this shit..." Leo continued, looking back down at the artwork.

   "Don't touch 'em!" Carl exclaimed angrily.

   "Look, they're all going to be mine sooner or later anyway. Just think of it as a down payment on my inheritance" The younger male said as if he was proving a point.

   "Markus, get him away from there. Get him out of here!" Carl yelled the last part. I slowly approached Leo with caution, trying not to provoke an unwanted reaction.

   "Listen, you should go before things get worse" I advised but he didn't seem to care. He ignored my warning and looked over my shoulder at at Carl.

   "All you ever do is tell me to go away. What's wrong, Dad? I'm not good enough for you? I'm not perfect like this fucking thing!" Leo stated, getting up close in my face.