Chapter 3

Everyone set their backpacks and were eager to carry out their mission early tomorrow.
It was already late for them to leave for their homes. Their headquarters were set in the basement of Sam's
house.

"George set up the maps and cameras. Susan you go check if everything we need is there. Violet you need to work here with me on the investigations for this case", ordered Sam.

They started doing their tasks as were ordered. Sam usually ordered them on events that had to be led with safety and care.

"And rather you should check your bikes on the way home if they need to be fixed or something about the tyre", added Sam.

Everyone nodded back. Sam was preparing some material for help in the investigations with Violet helping him. He prepared a short and safe track that led to that creepy "Ducklington Inn".
To add to their horror, the Inn was situated in the forbidden forest, where there were said to be real creatures.

"What made R.K.Stifman build the hotel in such a place", said Violet.

"Some people seek adventure and it's best situated for their interests", said Susan.

"Do you really think that no one ever came back from that hotel?", asked Violet.

"Maybe that was because of the wild animals in the forest", said Susan.

"Come on guys. Do you really think ghosts exist these days?", said Sam.

"I believe they do", said Violet.

"What makes you say that?", asked Sam.

"There aren't always reasons for everything we say Sam. We never ask you reasons for what you say. You're always bossy and we never complaint", Violet replied with fury.

"I was the one to find it", said Sam.

"Find what?", asked Violet.

"The Curious Five", Sam shouted.

"This isn't a thing to fight over. Are you in your senses guys? We need to work out as a team", George said.

"She started it", said Sam.

"I don't care who started it. You guys should rather come back to your senses and continue working", George shouted.

"Shush your mouths. Someone's coming", said Susan.

The sounds of footsteps reached closer and closer.

"Get back to your works and don't take out a word", George ordered.

The door to the basement opened with a flung and a shadow could be seen coming down two steps.

"Is everything okay around here? I heard some shouting up there?", Sam's mother asked.

"Everything's fine Mom. Only that Harry was missing you so very much", said Sam.

Harry was startled by this. "When did I say so?", he said below a whisper.

"Oh sweetheart, come on up. I don't think these guys are letting you work along. Come on we'll enjoy a movie with some snacks", she replied.

Harry got excited.
"Seems like amazing to me", he replied and hurriedly went up the stairs.