A Thirst

The young astronaut entered the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge. Grabbing the handle, he swung it open. "Now where are those drinks..." He asked himself as he searched through the fridge's contents. Finding a water bottle, he noticed it was empty. Disappointed, he tossed the bottle into the trash, and continued to rummage.

"There we go!" Jason exclaimed, pulling out the milk carton. Quickly, he searched for a glass. Then he poured the white liquid into the clear glass. Without any hesitation, he lifted up the filled glass to his mouth, taking a sip. He thought his thirst was solved, only to have his taste buds sense an unsatisfying taste. Jason hurried over to the sink, spitting out the milk. He shuddered in disgust. "Why is it..." He went to inspect the carton. It took him a while to realize, but he took a look at an underestimated feature. The expiration date. Eyes scanned the writing. " 'Drink by'... Oh God." His eyes widened at the date. That was... Who knows how long ago. Grabbing the carton and glass, he went over to the sink and dumped the milk into the drain.

"Ugh..." Jason groaned, watching the drink swirl down the drain. 'What to drink now...' He wondered as he put the dirty glass into the sink and the carton into the trash. Leaning down beside the fridge. "There's got to be something in here I can drink..." He mumbled to himself. He knew he couldn't use the sink water. He shivered at that one attempt.

"Hmm..." Fingers pushed their way through the large assortment of chilled food. Seemed like there was no sign of a drink,until he noticed something behind the cheese. Pushing it aside, he saw... A glass.

With liquid in it.

--

Author's Note: Hello again! Hope you're all liking the story so far! VERY short chapter today, sorry... Just barely squeezed this thing in the day. I will try and give you all a longer chapter tomorrow! Until then!