Chapter Fourteen

"I spend all my time waitin' all night for you"

•••

MAKE SURE TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!

Paris didn't change a bit from the last time Victoria set foot in it. The same buildings she remembered lined the streets. Although Paris was in the same time zone as Madrid, Victoria was exhausted.

Maude and Victoria exchanged phone numbers while on the plane and agreed to go out for lunch later. Victoria had already explained everything that happened between her and Antoine.

The sweet smell of cookies filled Victoria's nose as she walked into her grandmothers home.

"Victoria!" They chanted at once.

Victorias brother and sister were the only ones in the entry. They ran up to her and hugged her. How she missed moments like these with her family.

"Je t'aime! Tu m'as tellement manqué." Her sister, Emma, began to tell her.

"Oh please, English. My french is very rusty." Victoria confessed to Emma and her brother, Enzo.
"I have to go have lunch with a friend and then check into my hotel. I just came by to say hi quickly."
-
Maude and Victoria enjoyed their lunch together. But as soon as the subject of Antoine came up, Maude started to give some crazy ideas. She said that Kylian Mbappé texted her about Antoine already.

He said that Antoine wouldn't leave his room except for food and football. Antoine would only talk to Kylian and sometimes Paul. The only time he was happy was during games and that wouldn't last very long.

"So basically you have to go see Antoine," Maude concluded her information about Antoine.

"I'm sorry but I can't. Antoine obviously doesn't want to see me and I have to stay in Paris," Victoria said in a sad voice.

"Please. He will never be happy without you. Leave Paris for one day and go to Russia. I will go with you if you want."

"My whole family is here. My grandmothers sick. What am I going to tell them?"

"Tell them something urgent at work came up," Maude had worry in her eyes.

"Maybe my grandma would understand. She just wants all of us to be happy and find our true love," Victoria sighed, "Cliché, right, she lives in the city of love and all she talks about is us finding our love."

"Please Victoria, I'm begging you."

Maude's dark hair gleamed in the sunlight. She held on tight to the corner of her jacket, making Victoria think. What happened to Antoine that his sister is walking on eggshells?

"I'll talk to my Mémé, but I don't know."

"Thank you for even considering. Please call me when you know," Maude held her head low when she walked out of the café.

The longer Victoria spent away from Antoine Griezmann, the more she forgot how she felt around him. Her heart would pick up speed and when she would look into his eyes, he would never fail to bring her into his trance.

But since she couldn't feel his affect on her. She didn't even know if she wanted to go to Russia. He obviously didn't want to see her now or ever, or at least that's what he made it seem.

Victoria got up from her seat and walked into the shop next to the café. Paris was always ahead with fashion, she loved it. She took a quick mirror pic in the shop and quickly left. Posting it to instagram, was the first thing she did.