Ch. 36: Part The Fog

Start from the beginning

The Chinese boy was flushed pink, and was smiling like an idiot. He was so giddy, it was like watching a happy toddler celebrate. He just couldn't sit still.

--That probably explained why there was a bump on his forehead. Jaemin  guessed he was trying to contain himself but his body was just too excited.

The fuck.

"Renjun..." Jaemin sighed.

"Yes..?" Renjun was still high on Chensung.

"I'm hungry as fuck and we're wasting valuable time to eat food by hanging in this literal dump," Jaemin rolled his eyes. "Save your gay-ass fanboying episode for later. Lets get back before I get my ass beat by Jeno."

Renjun gathered himself and stood up, "I'm pretty sure Jeno does it regularly though."

"oH sHuT uP!"

---

Jaemin would have LOVED to say that  he untied the whole misunderstanding and RenLeSung  was now a thing.

Sadly, cause they're oddly comical and dramatical teens, the whole situation was as rough as Youngjae and Doni's neck hair. (According to Jackson.)

Heading back to the cafeteria together seemed to be a bad idea since once Jaemin sat down with Renjun, Chenle  went silent.

Something was wrong.

What dolphin doesn't screech?

The group didn't really want to touch their food as an unusually uncomfortable since took over the table. Luckily, the older hyungs decided to go out for lunch today. Otherwise, they would surely had broken the silence with some sort of life lecture.

Renjun decided that this plan was foolish afterall. Maybe Jaemin was right. Maybe he could just talk.

The older chinese boy broke the silence.

"不管怎... ...你生我的气吗?"
(By any chance... ...are you mad at me?)

The Korean boys all swerved their heads in a unified swoop at the two Chinese boys. It was their first time hearing the two talk in their own language. Despite the bleak situation... the language difference was a bright fascination.

Chenle was looking smaller than ever. He was looking down at his shoes, and his blonde bangs completely covered his eyes. The bright pink hoodie he was wearing didn't match his somewhat sad aura. He had barely touched his food, and his fists were still balled up adorably. Whether out of confusion, stress, or fear, no one knew why the always loud Zhong Chenle was in deathly silence as of now.

Despite not understanding what they were saying, the Korean bunch held their breath.

Chenle's lips slightly opened, frantically whispering the next words  in Chinese.

"......不是......它只是......我真的不知道。抱歉。"
(...its not that...its just...I really don't know. Sorry.)

Renjun ran a nervous hand through his hair, "我们得谈谈。但不是在这里。"
(We have to talk. Just not here, though.)

"但为什么..."
(But why...)

"我要告诉你一件事..."
(I need to tell you something...)

Chenle let a small sniffle escape. "对不起......我不是故意的 --"
(I'm sorry... I didn't mean to--)

Renjun stood up and placed a warm hand on Chenle's head, patting it softly. "听着,没关系。我认为我们需要谈论的是非常重要的。所以放学后见我,好吗?"
(Listen, it's okay.  I think what we need to talk about is very important. So just meet me after school, okay?)