Ch. 28.5: What Are We..?

[Jeno POV]

"AaAaHhhhHHHhHHhHHhHhHHhHHhHHh!!!"

"Oh common Jeno! It was just the door creaking!" Jaemin rolled his eyes.

The horror movie hadn't been so interesting so far. Just a typical storyline, with a haunted house and dumb choices made by stereotypical characters. The two boys were sitting side-by-side on the couch in front of the large screen TV of the penthouse.

"AHHHHHHHHHHGGHHHHH!!
NOOOOO!! >////< "

Jaemin hid his face in the safety of Jeno's chest, whinning. Jeno was rather surprised to see the younger curl up in his arms and cling to him. Jaemin adorably nuzzled his head against his chest, making Jeno's heart flutter.

"What the-- Jaemin, what's so scary about the girl's face?"

"D-did you s-see it?" Jaemin poked his gaze up adorably at Jeno.

Jeno looked at the screen. The main female protagonist was a blonde cheer captain with long hair and questionable looks. But, there was nothing creepy about it. It looked tolerable.

"See what?" Jeno wrinkled his eye brows in confusion.

"Lookie, lo~ookie Nono! >////<" Jaemin pointed at her face. "Look at her eyeliner! Bacon-hyung would break the TV throwing remover at her!"

"That's the scary thing..?!" Jeno gave him an, 'are-you-kidding-me'  stare.

Jaemin sat up and crossed his arms sassily. His face saying, 'bitch, fight me'.

"Oookay," Jeno raised his hands in defeat.

Jaemin un-crossed his arms, staring at Jeno and then bursting out in laughter at how stupid the situation was.

Jeno swore there were dinosaurs running around in his stomach as he stared at Jaemin's beautiful face, radiating sunshine as he laughed.

Freaking Jongdae, stop stomping around!

Jeno smiled as they weren't even paying attention to the movie anymore.

Then, the words somehow fell out of Jeno's mouth.

"Hey Nana... ...what are we?"

"What? Us?" Jaemin stopped laughing at Jeno's question.

"Yeah, uh, what are we?" Jeno pointed at him, then at himself.

"Hmm..." Jaemin's face flashed with thought. "Fr....iends...? Friends?--No, besties. We're besties!"

"A-ah... Yeah! Of course! Besties!" Jeno laughed.

Huh...
Why do I feel... ...like that's not enough?
Of course he can't just like me that easily. Darn it Jeno, you really have no jams!
After Tzuyu and Momo and Minah... Isn't it enough that he forgives you already?
W-wait... Does he?

"J-jaemin, about what happened--"

"I know."

"W-What?"

"I know, and it's no big deal," Jaemin looked him in the eye, his adorable smile glowing at Jeno. "Honestly... I tried to hate you, but I couldn't do it. You're just... Too good, you know?"

Jaemin grabbed the couch pillow, hugging it shyly. The younger half his face in the pillow, only poking cute round eyes out to look at Jeno.

"It's no biggie, Nono," Jaemin's voice seemed to quiet away. "You should forgive yourself... You don't have to be guilty anymore... ...we don't hate you...kay...?"