New Relationships

Start from the beginning

"Who's there?" She called with a calm voice; Kunai resting in each palm ready to be thrown at a moments notice.

"Oh! I've heard of you. You're Chikako. I'm Anko. It's nice to meet'cha" the dark haired woman greeted. Her silhouette was the most Chikako could see of the woman. However, the fact that her guard was down and he harbored no ill intentions, made Chikako put her blades back in her leg pouch. Anko eased up a bit when she saw the girl in front of her pocket her weapons. 

"I just got back from a mission and needed to report to the Hokage, but it seems everyone's asleep" Anko said as she looked at all the passed out people on the ground, and Tsunade snoring like a bear, half hanging off of the couch. .

"If you write your report I'll make sure Lady Hokage receives it first thing tomorrow" Chikako took a step closer to the jonin. 

It was pitch black, so it was hard for Anko to make out any of Chikako's features. She was once again wearing her black cloak and her veil. Her team might've seen her face, but she wasn't ready to show the whole village. Her silver hair seemed to mimic the moon as it's light shown down on the silver strands.

Anko nodded and sat down to write a report. The woman finished quite fast before handing it to Chikako. They both said their goodbyes and Anko left going out of the same window she came in through.

After the whirlwind of a woman left, Chikako went to her room to unpack the bag she brought back from her house. Since they jumped right into the party she didn't have nay time to unpack. 

The pictures and her parents went on the windowsill next to the other picture of her Mom. Her parents ninja tools and most everything else was put into a drawer for safe keeping. The only thing that she had left to put away is the jewelry box. She swung her wardrobe doors open and gently placed it next to her jade box.

Chikako ran a hand over her jade box, noticing the small amount of dust it collected. She had a feeling that she won't be traveling as much as she used to. It was somewhat of a comforting thought. She, herself, didn't realize how anxious it made her to not know where she would have to sleep the next night. 

All that was left in her bag now was Chikako's Mom's kimonos. They were still to big on her, but she could always tailor them to her size. Although maybe she should keep them the way they are so she can wear them when she's closer to the same age as her Mom. 

Chikako didn't have much clothes, so there was plenty of space for the large pieces. Even when they were all in there, her wardrobe was just barely over half way full. 

With her belongings now sorted out, Chikako decided to walk back into the Hokage's office where her team and the other genin teams were sleeping. She looked around once again taking in the sight before her, noting the small changes from before. 

Shika was sleeping with his head on Choji's stomach while he had a half eaten bag of chips in his hand. Ino and Sakura we're leaning their heads on the other as they slept. Every time one of them would move they would hit the other back unconsciously. They fight even in their sleep, Chikako thought in amusement. Tenten and Hinata were next to the others girls in the same position, but they were snuggled up against each other. On the other hand, Naruto was sleeping in a pile with Kiba, Shino, and Neji. It was a very endearing and odd sight. Neji was being crushed by Naruto, so Chikako lifted Naruto and set him next to Shika along with Kiba, who she put on the other side. Neji sighed in his sleep and his face relaxed.

Chikako had to admit that Neji was attractive. They also quickly found that they had much in common as they spoke. It felt nice to have someone who understood you. Sure, Sasuke kind of does in a way,  but he's very dramatic about it. Neji shifted and snapped Chikako out of her musing. Careful not to wake the boy, she stopped in her tracks and held still for a moment until she saw his breathing even out once again.