(5) If I can't have you nobody can

If I can't have you nobody can

Chapter 5

The hallway was dark and creepy, it reminded me of something out of a horror movie. Jeremy held my hand tightly but I couldn't help but feel that we should turn around and run away. I had a very bad feeling about this.

Jeremy placed his backpack on the floor and took out a little tool kit.

"What is that?" I asked curiously.  

"A lock pick kit," Jeremy replied smiling at me mischievously before getting to work on the locks. He made it look easy but I'm sure it wasn't. He had all the locks open within a few minutes.

"Are you ready?" Jeremy questioned putting his tool kit away and throwing his bag over his shoulder.  

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied nervously taking a deep breath and pushing open the door. It creaked loudly sending a shudder of fear through my body. The room was pitch black except for the light from our torches. I took a step inside and shone my torch around trying to figure out what the room was.

It was huge and from what I could make out it looked like some sort of laboratory.  

"What is this place?" I asked in disbelief.  

"I'm not sure, it looks kind of weird. Have a look around but make it quick. I think we better get out of here," Jeremy replied sounding nervous for the first time tonight. I don't think he expected to find anything much less something as weird as this.

I pointed my torch ahead of me and started making my way around the lab making sure not to move anything out of place. I had gloves on but I still felt too afraid to touch anything. There were big tables in the middle of the room filled with all kinds of machines and a big desk in the one corner with about five different computers on and millions of shelves with files. I was curious to find out what information they held but didn't stop to look. Jeremy told me to hurry up and I wanted to see what was behind a heavy looking door at the other end of the room.

I could feel my heart beating in my chest and my wrists braking out in sweat but I had the feeling that what I was looking for was right behind this door. I pushed it open revealing another dark room.

I heard some sounds coming from the one side of the room and almost let out a scream but luckily I realized what the sounds were before I did. It was monkeys. I walked in the direction of the noise and shone my torch on the rows of cages in front of me. They were filled with what I think was animals. Some I could recognize easily, like the monkey that was making the noise but some looked like aliens from another planet.

They were badly deformed and looked like a mix between two or three different animals. Some were so bad that I couldn't even recognize what they used to be. I started walking backwards feeling the need to get away from what I was seeing. This was not what I had expected, this is horrible. I felt my body trembling with fear as I took another step back right into something hard. If felt like a cage, I didn't want to see what was in it but I couldn't stop myself from looking.

I spun around and found myself face to face with a guy staring right at me from inside the cage.