021

❝ to love him, you'd have to loveboth the angel and the devil

both the angel and the devil. ❞ 

-Chapter 48, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

ONG RAEYEON  

Two months had passed since they found out Woojin was wanted by the assassins, Raeyeon having an anxiety level like never before knowing that her brother was a part of them. All these days, they spent, with Raeyeon insisting that Woojin should not, by all means, come with her to meet Seongwoo. But Woojin, being the stubborn rock, teleported to wherever she went without him, even to the extent that he almost saw her in the shower, mistaken that she went somewhere to meet Seongwoo without telling him.

School had rearrangement seats and Woojin was forced to no longer sit beside his partner in crime, Raeyeon. Almost blowing up the teacher's head for placing him with Nara instead, but remained his sanity. Raeyeon wasn't happy as well, but at least she was placed beside Seomin, a girl who seemed to like her after Raeyeon fought the real principal. 

There goes another girl who now knows about the vampires' existence. Seomin. But she was somehow actually cool with it all, as if she didn't care.

Today was another day no plans of seeking into Seongwoo's workplace was intended. Another day Woojin would threaten her that he'd go alone, but she knew he wouldn't. Jihoon was busy figuring out plans with Guanlin, who in this school, shape-shifted to the principal, about how to get the cure for the witch's blood. Daniel brought different books about witches that he supposedly learnt by heart, asking Woojin and Raeyeon which Lady Rose was.

Raeyeon, however, was feeling unbearably sick at this moment. For the second time that is, after the field trip. Once in a while, she would feel like throwing up, but she couldn't; and she felt like all her energy had drained when there wasn't even P.E. class today. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" asked Seomin, whispering in order not to get in trouble during the math lesson. "I can take you to the infirmary y'know?" 

Raeyeon shook her head. "Later. I'll be fine." she mouthed. 

"MS. RAEYEON!" Raeyeon jolted out of her seat at the voice of Mr. Kim. "Talking in class? Seems like you know everything don't you?" the girl instantly shook her head, Nara's friends snickering as Mr. Kim ignored it. "Let's see what you've got then!" 

"Shit- I'm sorry!" Seomin pleaded, which got an assuring smile in return. 

Raeyeon faced the board to sigh in relief that the question wasn't so bad. Walking in front, she was ready to embarrass the arrogant teacher, her face remaining blank. That was until her sight blurred, not even being able to walk straight properly.

Shaking her head, she picked up the chalk, facing the question. 

It took multiples of chalk swishing, and then she'd done it, satisfied. Raeyeon smiled, looking at Mr. Kim, expecting a pleased sheepish thank you, but instead, he was staring at the board with his eyebrows furrowed. That was definitely not a good sign.