009

❝ because we never intentionallyhurt someone we cherish❞    

hurt someone we cherish❞    

-Chapter 60, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

ONG RAEYEON

It wasn't an ordinary night at all. Owls' ceaseless howling were continuously heard, making it hard for everyone to sleep; with winds of terror, as if there was a sudden typhoon; the beautiful reddish moonlight was unseen by her, as Seongwoo restricted her from opening any windows or doors of the house. The electricity were also suddenly cut off, which lead to a black out in the whole country.

Raeyeon could only cuddle her knees, making sure every single minute that her brother was there with her, in the living room. Seongwoo seemed calm as he was assuring everything would be alright, but his heavy breaths couldn't lie , that he too, didn't like how things were going.

"Why isn't mom home?" Raeyeon muttered in the dark with a dimly lit candle beside her.

"She's coming..." Seongwoo spoke. "I called her before."

"You don't seem so sure."

"She's coming, Raeyeon."

"What did she say when you called her?"

"That she won't attend the meeting-"

"Liar." she cut him off. "That was an important meeting she'd always dream to go to, and having her agree just like that is impossible. Her idol chefs are also there."

She saw a glimpse of Seongwoo clenching his fist by the candle that was lit beside them. He was panicking alright, and he was trying to act as strong as possible in order to keep his sister in an unreachable ease.

The two stayed in anxious silence, both then sighing in union.

"I'm picking her up. You stay right here and never think about opening any sort of entry to this house, and I mean anything." Seongwoo warned, already throwing on his coat and gathering up some metallic tools in his satchel. "Call me right away if anything happens, you get me?"

The question to why he seemed so worried was still unanswered, and it couldn't help but bother her; not only on curiosity, but concern. If something was happening, she should at least know right?

"Stay safe..." she uttered as her brother rushed to the door. 

"Lock this door right away." 

"Alright, alright. Go."

Seongwoo sighed hesitantly, seeming to want to tell her something, but leaned back and opened the door, not even giving her any farewell before slamming the door closed. And just as he said, she locked it immediately.