017

❝ i was once confused to how othersonly had one vampire eye-color and he hadtwo ❞    

only had one vampire eye-color and he had
two
❞    

-Chapter 52, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

A broad figure stood beside her, fearless, as if he'd expected this, and was way too used to it. Anyone could've already guessed that it was Kang Daniel, a brutal clan A, ready to fight with all his might, standing beside Raeyeon on the left side as he gave a look to the vampire on her right. Woojin nodded, flashing a crooked smile to Raeyeon for a mere second, as another vampire came as well, his hands in his pocket. He wasn't armed, but he looked rather calm. No other than Jihoon.

Raeyeon could squeal at how drama-like they looked, walking to her side one by one, but she was beyond terrified at the hungry eyes staring down at her. 

"G-Guys, the students-"

"They're dealt with." Jihoon interrupted. He shifted his gaze towards her. "You really thought I came with no plans at all?"

Raeyeon tilted her head, looking back at the campsite that was still filled with her teachers and friends. But instead of looking all shocked and afraid of unfamiliar creatures, they were acting normal, enjoying their lunch and chit-chatting. 

"Illusion. A telepathic ability of mine," Jihoon said. "I tricked their mind to the scenery of the forest without the vampires. Including us. We'd have to fight them without the vampires getting near the students."

Woojin opened his once crumpled fist, an unknown light suddenly evolving around the schoolmates. "Then a protection shield is needed." he said, the light shaping itself into a hemisphere protecting the campsite, as if it what he'd done was a piece of cake.

A skinny vampire lunged itself towards Raeyeon, wildly screaming out for blood. But before she even got to let out a shriek, Daniel's hand reached out to the thin figure's neck. His eyes flashed a shade of teal, squeezing the vampire's neck until its bone were evidently crooked. And eventually, there laid a dead creature with its neck grotesquely twisted, burning into ashes. 

Oh lord.

"You see guys, things seemed to have gotten easier." Jihoon said, chuckling to himself. He let his eyes engulf in his violet color once more, observing the vampires that were preparing for battle in front of them. "They all want one specific human. I can't believe this."

They started scattering, as well as Woojin and Daniel, preventing the vampires from getting any nearer.

Woojin lifted his left hand, a log lifting itself from the ground before striking 4 vampires who were about to lunge in as well. "They're just multiplying as we kill. How is this easy?!"