Chapter Two

The next thing I know Bella, Edward and I were flying off to Florida to see mum. Bella really likes to not tell me anything until the very last chance. As the plane lands I look out the window seeing the sun shining, I really didn't miss this. We grab our bags and walk around trying to find mum and Phil.

Edward and I did everything we could to stay away from the windows where sun shone through. I really didn't miss this. It was never easy hiding my true self, for most of my second childhood I was "sick" and always stayed inside.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when we stopped, mum and Phil stood in front of us smiling. I smiled back and hugged her.

"Oh Violet, your freezing." She said in slight shock before feeling my forehead like every parent does to check for sickness.

"It's probably because the plane's a.c. was on." I told her, it didn't really make any sense but my mother was very gullible so she just nodded and went over to Bella.

"I thought you said you could control your body temperature." I heard Edward whisper just so I could hear it.

"I haven't had to do it in so long I guess I just forgot. Don't worry we're fine, she won't figure it out." I waved it off and hopped into the car leaving everyone to talk.

•••

Phil drove up the driveway and everyone got out, I made sure to pull my sleeves down to hide my arms.

"Aren't you two hot in those layers of clothes?" Mum asked with concern, I saw Edward visibly stiffen out of anxiousness.

I smiled, "not really, I think we got a little sick on the plane ride over." I said convincingly, Edward nodded in agreement as he quickly walked into the house with me trailing closely behind. Why did Bella have to drag me along, I just got used to not hiding.

Mum sighed, "again? Well you should probably stay inside." I agreed with her and sat down on the couch and took my scarf off since the sun isn't shining down on me anymore.

Her and Bella went outside and talked, I listened to their conversation but stopped when Edward sat next to me.

"Did you need something?" I asked looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Who is Nathan? I always hear you thinking about him but you never go into detail." He said with a frown.

"He's a boy that needed a home and so we gave it to him, cared for him." I answered vaguely.

"We? Who's we?" Edward asked me, I looked at him weirdly.

"Me and the pack. I thought you already knew about that, I always think about the pack." I told him.

"Sometimes it's hard to read your thoughts. Sometimes it's blank, other times it's loud, and then there's those times where I hear music. I've never heard music in someone's mind before." He explained, I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean music? It's not like I'm thinking about it." I said wondering what the hell he was talking about.

"It's not words. I hear the piano, my favourite instrument. Like now. I don't know what it means." I was just as confused as him, how does that even work? I wasn't thinking of that certain instrument until he told me, but I don't know any song. Except one, Clair de Lune. But it still doesn't make any sense.

I was just about to say something when the sliding door opened. I looked up and saw mum and Bella, Bella held some sort of blanket with different materials with writing sewn together.

"Whats that?" I asked, standing up I took the blanket and read the different things.

"Their our old trip t-shirts. Mum made it." Bella answered happily looking down to it probably thinking about all the memories from the trips.

"Thats so cool." I said with a smile just happy to see my sister happy.

"So I was thinking of going out for dinner, maybe a nice sushi place." Mum suggested. Edward and I looked at each other with a grimace before putting on another smile.

"Sounds great." I said, tonight is not going to be fun, another night of forcing myself to eat human food. Yay.
💙