4. Magiked.

POP UP MESSAGE: A little heads up before you start reading this chapter, it can get a little confusing, so read a little slowly or read it when you have nothing else to concentrate on except my book. HAPPY READING!

August, 18.

Gwendoline Bane.

"Stop screaming and open your damn eyes, huntress."

The screaming stopped. I heard a gasp and people shuffling around but I still couldn't open my eyes. When I tried to move my body, there was a twinge that ran through my entire right arm. I could flex my fingers, but I couldn't move my shoulder.

"I...I think. I think, my shoulder's broken," I wheezed. My eyes were still shut and panic set in at the thought of never being able to open them.

"Gwendoline, I need you to breathe. You're gonna have to breathe and slowly open your eyes," the same voice of a girl reasoned with me.

"Get away from her! Get away from both of them." Now that sneering voice I knew.

"I mean it, huntress. I'm trying to help. You were wandering right into a trap back there," the girl spoke again, her voice sounding deeper this time.

"What...what the hell is this?! What....are you?"

A groan sounded from somewhere behind me. Before I could call out to him, I heard Woo Bin howling in pain. Yu Na was yelling profanities but they were drowned out by his throes of agony.

I forced my eyes open. Once they were, everything was white. For a minute, I wondered if I was at a hospital. The surroundings appeared as clean and as bright as the walls of a hospital. I remembered to blink and the world dissolved to colour once more.

I was still in my seat but the Monster was a wreck all around me. It almost seemed like I'd had a force shield about, my only injury being the, hopefully, dislocated shoulder.

I twisted my body as far as I could in the direction of Woo Bin's screams. My eyes landed on Yu Na, who was standing a bit away, face twisted in horror.

"Yu Na," my voice sounded hoarse and unused. She didn't hear me. Whatever had her attention was doing a good job.

The seatbelt was digging into my right shoulder, possibly the reason for the dislocation. I stripped it off me, wincing at the pain, and slowly tried to lower myself from the seat. There was nothing left of my door except for a crushed piece of metal hanging loosely to the side.

I fell to my knees from the pain that shot through my arm. I held on to the ground, gasping between each jab of pain, my arm limp against my side. Woo Bin let out an extremely loud scream and I looked up.

The first thing I noticed was that we were no longer in the streets of Chodang Dubu. We were in a field of light. If the fluorescence in the village was overwhelming, it was multifold here. Little orbs of light floated about like overgrown fireflies. The car, or what was left of it, was in a patch of barren land that appeared as if it was burnt into the middle of the field. The grass under me was damp and clumps of it stuck to my palms and jeans from where I had fallen on it.

"Stop it! Stop, you're hurting him!"

Yu Na was screaming at.....her? Him? The person had their hands extended at Woo Bin, who was being suspended a couple of feet above and one of those orbs was shining over him, looking like it had come out of him.

The person was phasing into different faces and different bodies like a movie rolling. One moment, it was a girl with fiery red hair that was almost orange, and then she faded into a scrawny boy with highlighted bangs. There was blood on the grass around where the person stood. Yu Na maintained a wary distance from the scene, but her expression was conflicting.