Chapter 3

Just as words can be sharp as knives actions can be just as telling and can cause issues as well as cause a story to become interesting...

The way Ash was acting casual made me regret falling for him more and more,the way he didn't care.I pulled out my phone looking for Shawn's text who happened to get there later than Shane and I who got there early.He had texted 'I'm here' in the text as you looked around for him."You like him,don't you?"you were caught off guard ,but knew Shane had no idea you had fallen for Ash before.You ended up quickly denying it ,but only making Shane more interested."You sure?"She said giving the look as though you were hiding that you liked Shawn."Ya.I'm sure!"You said quickly denying it again raising your voice.Shane soon dragged me after seeing Shawn walk toward us."Sky cut herself!"Shane said not wasting a second to tell him, like he needed to know.I found myself being lectured by Shawn who was just as concerned as Shane.I just stayed quite with the occasional 'okay'  still having my thoughts on Ash who couldn't get out of my thoughts.Just as my thoughts were trailing off the bell rang from the speakers as the giant stampede of students crushed us 6th graders making it hard to get around without knocking into someone.By the time I made it through the North mall hallway Shane had already headed to her History class a few classes away from Shawn and my class.The class was fairly accounted for except for the few students who failed to get here on time like always.I had Ash in most of my classes which would make forgetting him almost impossible.I felt depressed now that I was near him.He didn't seem to even notice I had cut myself and just acted normally.I pulled out my notebook waiting for the school news program ended with the Jokes of the Day that left you cringed out by the fake laughs as though they were not proud of them at all.I jotted down the homework trying my hardest to keep up with the notes.The teacher stopped after instructing us what to jot down before asking a few questions.I stayed slumped in my chair just waiting for the clock to hit 8:50 as each second felt like prison.By the time the bell rang I was packing my bag,putting my notes away to catch up with Shawn as we walked out the door awaited by Shane who was with a tall student talking to her as she seemed to be annoyed yet tolerant of him.What I wasn't aware of was the glare Ash was giving Shawn as he saw him near me.Shane ended up pouncing on my bag smiling and asking why we were late just to annoy us.She held on my bag while I talked to Shawn in the large crowd of students.After about a few minutes she began smirking and acting suspicious as I guessed she was messing with Shawn as normal.I felt better not near Ash for next class,but groaned knowing I would have him for the next class.I caught a glimpse of Shawn chase Shane around as she had revealed his phone from her black hooded jacket as she finally allowed him to grab it before grabbing his bag grinning again as he glared at her.I finally got a split second glimpse as Ash began to still be annoyed by something as he walked in class the door opened while I had entered class.I wondered what could be annoying him not knowing what it was.What could it be?...