XXIV

I Didn't Kill Jason Blossom

Rosemary and Jughead walked into the Blue and Gold office to see Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller looking at their murder board. Rosemary and Jughead froze, staring at the two adults in confusion as they glared at the duo

"Hey," Jughead snapped out of his frozen state, going back to his business. Rosemary walked over to the cabinet and pulled out her camera, hanging it around her neck and then sitting on the desk next to Jughead.

"Hey," Sheriff Keller nodded towards the two teenagers.

"Uh," Jughead eyes the murder board again. "What's up?"

"I'm going to need you to come down to the station with me," Sheriff Keller directed towards Jughead.

"What?" Rosemary spoke up, her voice slightly crying due to her hoarse throat from the night before. "Why? On what grounds?"

"Rose," Jughead placed a comforting hair on the girl's shoulder, who had jumped off the desk and stood in front of Jughead. "Don't worry, it's fine."

"No," Rosemary shook her head, glaring in Sheriff Keller's direction. "It's bullshit-"

"Language Ms. Holland," Principal Weatherbee warned and Rosemary glared at him. 

Soon, the four of them were leaving the Blue and Gold office, Sheriff Keller and Principal Weatherbee on either side of Jughead while Rosemary followed close behind. People stared and Rosemary sent them glares as she followed them. Up ahead, Archie and Betty watched the scene with wide and worried eyes.

"Call my dad," Jughead told Archie as he passed, his voice slightly shaking.

"Yeah," Archie nodded. "Yeah. Of course."

Rosemary followed Sheriff Keller but was stopped by Principal Weatherbee, who grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"You can't just walk out of school, Rosemary," Weatherbee said to the fuming blonde. "You can't skip another day or else you'll get a detention."

"Then give me detention," Rosemary spat, ripped her wrist out of his grasp and tailed behind Sheriff Keller and Jughead.

Rosemary paced outside of the interrogation room, her hand running through her blonde hair and she nervously bit at her nails, her heels clicking loudly in the quiet hallway. Rosemary wore some clothes she borrowed from her mother's dresser. She wore a white tank top with a dark, cherry red leather jacket, black jeans, and on her feet were black heeled boots.

The door opened and out stepped Sheriff Keller. Without asked, Rosemary pushed past him and into the interrogation room, shutting the door behind her and sitting in the seat across from Jughead. The two sat in silence for a while, Rosemary's fingers tapping in the table nervously with her eyes locked on Jughead, who was staring at his lap.