1 | knocked out

how almost every single fanfiction starts: the OC is in their cell in the sky box. the guards come in. the OC says something along the lines of "i don't turn 18 until ___!!" and then they fight & get shot with a tranquilizer dart just like clarke. then they wake up in the dropship. just like clarke.

although it's easy to basically copy clarke's scene nearly word-for-word with only a few changes, it gets old extremely quickly. your readers are likely to just skip over it because they've read it a thousand times.

not only that, but in 3x13, they had a flashback of all the delinquents boarding the dropship, and clarke was the only one being brought in on a gurney because she was unconscious. since this was revealed toward the end of the third season, none of us knew that and that's why the cliché became so.

try to be unique, and don't be afraid to change your chapters! as soon as i saw that scene, i went back and edited my character's means of boarding the ship.

here are a few ideas to get you started:

1. they're already in the dropship

2. they go down with raven

3. they aren't a delinquent at all and instead stay in space until the end of season one (you can start from season 2 if you'd like)

4. they're a grounder

5. you have the scene with the guards coming but they don't get knocked out and instead walk with the rest of the 100 and stare weirdly at clarke as she gets carried on because wtf did that girl do and is she okay????