(2)The Black Raven

Start from the beginning

Thanatos paused just as quickly as he'd pressed me down. His eyes narrowed; "Why?" Thanatos' voice was so incredulous it's like I asked him to call up Conrad for a good sex position.

"I'm exhausted!"

Thanatos groaned and quickly responded with; "Then just lay there; I'll do all the work!"

I shot him a deadly look; "I am not conceiving my first child with that attitude! It's called 'making-love' for a reason. Not 'let's-get-it-over-with'."

"Fine!" Thanatos said and shot up from me with anger. He pressed down the big bulge in his pants and muttered; "You could've been pregnant by now, but fine!"

"Do you want to do this right or not?" I asked and knew he'd never forgive himself either if we'd just did the act for the sake of doing the act. A child needed to be born from love and Thanatos was a true advocate for that.

He grumbled, but nodded his head; "Yes, yes, sorry. I'm just horny and-" He signed; "Oh, what does it matter." He smiled suddenly and I had to react again to the tenth mood change that night. He was like a girl on her cycle on a good day...

Thanatos grabbed hold of me and pushed me into him. He held me tight and buried his face in the crook of my neck, breathing hot fire down my throat. I sighed and smiled, smelling his familiar and comforting scent. Home.

"We're going to have a child..." He whispered and I felt like crying. He sounded so happy; it broke my heart.

I knew then that I'd made the right decision. "Yes, we are."

"Then another, and another and anoth-"

"You're pushing it, death."

Thanatos' POV

Thanatos' POV

Hypnos' carriage stopped in front of the large palace and my smile erupted as the door opened to revealed a familiar head of blonde hair.

"Brother!" I yelled and held my arms up in the air.

Hypnos chuckled and took a few steps towards me; we met in the middle and I wrapped my arms around him. "Little brother..."

I rolled my eyes while we hugged and ignored the soft jab as best I could; "Welcome back. How was Delphi? Dreary I suppose?"

"And why would the great Oracle be dreary?" Hypnos asked as we unclasped our arms and he shot me a questioning smile. I smirked with ease; "Well, I wasn't there."

It was Hypnos' turn to roll his eye, but his playful mood didn't linger long. I chuckled and turned to leave, thinking he was right behind me; "Come, I have much to tell you about last night. I have some good news-"

"Thanatos." I turned back around at the sound of my twin's sombre voice. Hypnos' orange eyes were muddled with thoughts and his expression was serious. More serious than usual. I lifted a thick eyebrow in response and pursed my lips; "What is it?"