Chapter 30

Ebuka's P. O. V

     After the burial,some friends and family came to sympathies with I and my wife. Its been months since Victor and Vidya died and its feels like yesterday. Do you have any idea how painful it is to watch your children die before your eyes? I lost two children that day.

      And Mirabel has been miserable, she has cried out her eye balls. I don't blame her,she has lost so many children that she has lost track of. And once more death plays a funny trick on us. She has been avoiding me,she blames me for their death and I don't blame her. They died on my watch, my only children died on my watch.

      Mum has come to visit,she has consoled Mirabel and I won't blame her if she is tired on consoling her.

       I hate the way things are now, she hardly eat,she hardly talks to me and she is hardly at home. I know the twins will be hurt to see  how I and their mum are drifting apart. I just wished she could cry with me instead of crying alone. I just want her to know its not my fault our children died. I did my best and I love them as much as she loves them too. It hurt me more than it hurt her because they both died in my arms.

____________________________________

Mirabel's P. O. V

     I have been feeling awful lately,I feel dizzy and weak,so I went to the hospital for check up and I found out that I was pregnant. I was surprised when the doctor told. He said I am three months pregnant, I am so happy to know I can conceive again.

       I know Ebuka isn't at fault for the death of Victor and Vidya but I can help but blame him. They died on his watch and I HV lost so many children in the past because of the way he beats me,so please don't blame me.

       So I decided to run away with my baby,I can't let another child of mine die. I don't think I will be able to take it this time. So I begged the doctor not to tell him,I told him I will inform him myself and he agreed.

____________________________________

Ebuka's P. O. V

      I came back from work and found the house awfully quiet. The quiet house reminded me of Victor and Vidya.

     "Baby,are you home?", I shouted but I got no answer. I shouted again yet no answer. So I called her number but they said it was switched off. Something is wrong. She has abandoned me. She left me to face this cruel  world alone.

      " Not long after our children died you left me. Why did you leave me? Its not my fault they died. They died before my eyes for goodness sake. I love them as much as you love them,I love my children as much as you love them. Please don't leave, you are all I HV",I began to cry and shout like she could hear me.

      I went to our bedroom,I checked her closet and found nothing there. My suspicions were correct, she left me.

      I saw a letter on the table in our room,I opened it and read out loud,

    "Dear Ebuka,

   I am very sorry for leaving but you left me no choice. I got a good news and a bad news.

   The good news is I am pregnant. You will be a father again but the bad news is that you will be able to watch her grow to be an independent woman.

     I left because I can't bear to lose another child. We cannot deny the fact that they died in your arms. I know you are currently hurt but so am I.

     It took me hours to make this decision. I know you must hate me by now and I am so sorry for doing this. I love you,always have and always will.

                          Your Darling wife,

                           Mirabel Adebisi.