Chapter 18- First kiss

Violetta's POV:

In class, I looked at Tomas. He looked at me back but then looked down. He was still upset about the other day.

I looked at Leon who was now frowning. I hope he didn't watch me look at Tomas...

Everything was going wrong... It felt awkward. I just decided to look down and listen.

---

"Violetta"

"Oh hey Leon" i said smiling. I was so glad he was talking to me.

"Want to go get some smoothies at the Resto Bar after school today?"

"Oh..um... Sure!" I said not sure if it was technically a date or not.

"Cool"

---

Just then Tomas walked by after listening to what we said and I groaned. "Why does this happen?!"

When I'm with Leon, Tomas gets jealous and when I'm with Tomas, Leon gets jealous... It's not like I'm asking one of them on a date?!

---

I met up with Leon at the Resto bar and saw Tomas there hanging out with Francesca.

"Here you go" he said handing me a strawberry smoothie.

I saw Tomas. He was handing me the smoothie and I was extremely confused.

"Violetta are you okay?" Asked Leon.

"Yeah... Thanks for the smoothie... Leon"

"You're welcome"

Did I just imagine Tomas giving me that smoothie? I felt a whole pain of guilt.

"You're really nice for taking me here" i said to Leon complimenting him.

"No problem..." He said smiling.

Tomas made Francesca laugh so hard that she spilled her drink.

"Oh no!" She said laughing.

"I got it" he said getting napkins.

"No i do!" she said putting her hand on his hand to take the napkins from him.

All eyes around the room were looking at them as they laughed and cleaned the table.

"Violetta..."

"What!?" I said surprised forgetting Leon was right there.

"Uh.. I'm sorry"

"It's okay"

I faced away from Tomas and looked at Leon as he had just gotten an idea.

"Do you want to get out of here?" He asked raising his eyebrow and smiling.

"Uhm...yeah... But where?" I asked.

"here come with me" he said taking me hand.

"Okay!" I said beaming as he led me somewhere.

He closed my eyes and opened them after we walked through what seemed like a pathway. I saw a bench overlooking a beautiful lake and trees.

"This is the perfect place to sit" i said looking at all the pretty colored leaves and the beautiful glistening lake.

"I know.. I come here often to think..." He said.

"Think about what?" I ask.

"Oh... Nothing..." He says looking at me.

"Okay..." I smile at him as he looks down.

"So" i say as I look at the view. "Why did you take me here?"

"Because it's the perfect place..."

"It is."

"Violetta?"

"Yes?"

He smiles at me and then tells me to close my eyes.

"Again?"

He nods.

"Um ok" i laugh as I close my eyes.

"I want you to imagine a perfect place."

I saw something like this. A beautiful park. I walked through the park with my bare feet. It was the same park I went to as a kid. I twirled and spun as I hopped through the grass like I used to. This place reminded me of my childhood. How much I wanted it back...

"With perfect music and where everything is just perfect"

I heard a beautiful melody and the sky was a pretty color with beautiful clouds and flowers brushing against my feet. I stood and saw Leon coming up to me and smiling.

"Now there is just one thing left..." He continued to say.

"What?" I asked.

Leon came up to me and held my hand. We laughed and had fun at this perfect place. I wish I could have been here right now. Suddenly I felt a warm hand touch my face and realized it wasn't in my daydream.

He leaned in as he touched my cheek and pressed his lip against mine and to be honest, it felt amazing.

I had two feelings in my head. A part of me wants to run away from all the drama and escape to that meadow... Another part of me wants to stay here on this bench with Leon.

He pulled away and I opened my eyes.

"Are you ok?" He asks.

"Yeah" i say trying not to smile like an idiot.

"Good" he said. "I didn't know if you were ready because of the day before but... I just..."

"It's okay, trust me" i said smiling at him.

"Good"

"Mhm"

He held out his hand in silence and I took it as we walked away from the bench.

---

Dear Diary,

Today, my mind cleared up better.

Leon took me to the most amazing park and told me to close my eyes and imagine the perfect place. I did and saw a beautiful meadow... The same meadow i played on as a kid. It really reminded me of my childhood and made me so happy so I should really be thanking Leon for that.

Another thing.... He kissed me... On the lips..

It was my first kiss so of course I went on full-dork mode and smiled at him the rest of the day.

This just makes me see him differently. Or feel some way that I have never felt like...

The kiss. It just felt right. That was exactly what I was looking for. My mind has been made. I need to forget about Tomas. He should have made his move if he really loved me. instead he goes and hangs out with Fran. I should be happy for them but i'm not.

I sighed as I wrote in the diary.

I'm inviting Leon over for dinner tommorow. I hope my dad accepts him because we are now... Dating? That sounds exciting to say but yes, it's official. I have a boyfriend! I didn't expect this to ever happen. I thought i was going to be a lonely cat lady...

Anyways, I really hope my dad likes Leon and that Tomas stops bothering me now that me and Leon are together.

Goodnight.

I closed the diary and went to bed.