after

After the visit with Dumbledore, Draco was sent home. Life was pretty okay, Kiera seemed to be more open and no-one mentioned what Draco had done.

The nightmares are still there of course.

I wake up with a start, I'm in a cold sweat and everyone else in the dorm is fast asleep. Hedwig chirps at me and I walk toward her cage. She nuzzles my hand and lightly nips my finger. I pet her and make my way out of the dorm. I trudge down to the common room, still shaking from the nightmare.

I let myself collapse into an overstuffed armchair by the fire place. The warmth of the fire feels nice and I feel almost at peace. The flames crackle and embers float up peacefully.  I hear someone shuffle in the corner. I glance over to the left and frown. There Kiera is, sitting in the corner, her wings tremble as tears travel her face.

"Kiera? What's wrong?" I stand from my place in front of the fire.  My heart drops as I see her face, the tears aren't tears, but blood.

"Help me. " her voice is a raspy whisper and her pale face is now being consumed by the blood, I stand staring in shock as her wings come up around her and back down again. They turn into ash and she's gone.

I look towards the staircase where Ginny stands at the last step.

"Something's wrong Harry. "

"What do you mean something's wrong? I just saw Kiera desintigrate before my eyes!" My eyes search hers and she runs to me.

"That wasn't Kiera Harry, she's up in her bed. " I look at her, puzzled.  "That was a Yuxa, look. " she points to the corner where a snake is scaling a table leg.

"What's a Yuxa? "

"Yuxa are shape-shifting creature's with the true form of a snake, they often will appear as someone who is in danger. Harry, I think Kiera is in trouble. "