Chapter 6: "Well thank you m'lady."

𝒜𝓉 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒

Marinette gasped and woke up. Her eyes flew open, looking around at the unfamiliar room. Panic swept her, she heaved hard and loud with her heart beating at 100 miles per hour.

"Luka!" She exclaimed with fear in her voice,
tears threading to fall down.

The door was swung open by a panicked as well looking Adrien. He quickly ran to the queen sized bed where Marinette was curled over crying and out of breath. "Marinette! It's okay, shush you're okay."

"No, no am not!" She sobbed heartbroken. Rocking her body back and forth. The memories coming back, words that she truly hoped she didn't say. It all dawn upon her how selfish she had acted.

"Are you hurt? Where?" Adrien asked helplessly, rubbing her back and watching her with distress.

Marinette continued crying with no explanation whatsoever. She hid her face away behind her cold hands, muffling her sobs. A couple of minutes passed, the warmth from Adrien's caress calmed her down slowly. Suddenly, she felt how the mattress dipped besides her. His warm, toned arms wrapped around her waist and she shivered at the contact. In a good way to say the least.

Her face found its way onto the crook of his neck, a comfortable silence took over the room; the tears stopped running and sobs ceased. Quietly, she inhaled his sweet aroma. It was something she couldn't grasp, peppermint perhaps? And something else strong yet sweet.

Quite addictive if you ask me..

Stop.

"Better?" Adrien whispered hoarsely, his voice vibrating through her body.

She only hummed in response. It dawned upon her that she barely new this guy but it felt like she knew him since forever. The embrace was too good to pull away so she shut down that little voice. Letting her body relax and darkness started to take over her mind. Eyes heavy, slow breathing— seconds before she drifted off; Adrien placed a long, warm kiss on her forehead and thus her body gave out.

•••

3:10 am

Some time into the night she fluttered awake. Arms were tight wrapped around her waist and a hot breathing tickled her neck. She blushed deeply, her senses coming back more than before.

Marinette tried to establish some distance for her sake mostly. She didn't want to, the feeling was quite indescribable. Just as she tried, unconsciously Adrien pulled her closer. Even closer than before, now her back was flushed against his front. And he settle his head on her collarbone. Sighing contently it seemed.

She smiled for some unknown reason to her. It warmed her heart and with such happiness she went back to a peaceful slumber.

•••
9:05 am

The side of the bed was empty when she woke up. Sunshine streaming from the black cashmere curtains. She looked around the modern, expensive room. Carefully designed by a professional no doubt. Two black cherry wood nightstand in each side of the  queen size bed with a wooden head board as well. She was tangled in soft, fluffy brown sheets. Sighing deeply at how comfortable she felt.

Wait

What the happened?!

Marinette ripped the blankets off her and threw her legs to the side. Groaning at the sudden brute movement. Rubbing her eyes, she yawned and looked down. A pair of white puffy slippers were lined as if they were meant for her.

Nah..

Yet she slipped them on and fitted perfectly

Huh.

She stood up and proceeded towards the door and down the hallway. The delightful aroma invaded her, it smell like pancakes, honey and strawberries. Following the sugary scent, she came across a certain blonde cooking breakfast. He looked adorably concentrate on flipping the pancakes perfectly— he sticked his tongue out to the side slightly and smiled when he did flip the pancake flawlessly.

"Good morning," she giggled. Sitting on the barstool on front of the isle facing the stove. "Those look delicious."

Adrien grinned, "well thank you m'lady. I hope you feel better this morning?"

That 'my lady' shook her to the core for a second, the words and voice so familiar yet...

"Oh much better. But if you don't mind me asking.. what happened last night?" She inquired unsure. Grateful for his help regardless.

His face fell for a split of a second. Eyes deep in concern and a scowl on his lips. "I don't think I'm the one to answer that question. There's someone who should."

Marinette frowned even further, her lips formed an "O" just a she was gonna ask he spoke.

"Sorry for being so mysterious," Adrien laughed nervously. "It's Chat noir, you guys are good friends no?"

She choked on the orange juice she was drinking and coughed a little of it out. "What! No! Well, I mean yeah... I guess."

Adrien placed a stack of pancakes in front her with a small of sliced strawberries and a jar of honey. Turning off the stove and placing away all the used ingredients. Meanwhile Marinette was lost in thought, confused above all, even though this situation it's supposed to feel strange and awkward— she felt at home.

"Hey Adrien?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll be your surrogate."

•••
(Word count: 871)