Chapter 3: "You know me?"

....continuation

Adrien opened the door slowly, startled to see a familiar face. "Marinette?" He asked.

How could he forget? This petite lady who severed him and Alya just yesterday had caught his eye. It was different from his past failed marriages and relationships in which he forced
himself to believe he loved them. It ended hopeless since it dawned upon him that you cannot not force yourself to love someone or viceversa. Love just flows freely, almost immediately and lasts for a lifetime.

If it was really love that is...

"You know me?" She asked a bit surprised.

"Yes. I mean I only know your name. I went to your bakery yesterday afternoon." He said flustered, scratching the back of his head.

Marinette squinted her eyes, watching closely. Studying his face for something familiar.

Only a look and she already has you sweating... not good Adrien.

She suddenly snaps, "Oh I remember you!
You gave me a $100 bill, thank you by the way. I really need it."

"No problem." He smiled genuinely, "Well, come in," holding the door further back.

"Thank you." She giggled softly.

Even though they were feet apart from each other, Adrien could feel his body being attracted to hers. It was weird, it was not a new feeling. A new love. He felt something that he swore died long ago, coming back. A part of his heart who belonged to someone else beating once again; it drove him crazy!

They took a seat on the luxurious living room. The living room consisted on two grey love seats, one placed facing forward and other one sideways. Decorated with fluffy, puffy white pillows. A beautiful chandelier dangled from the ceiling, with matching night lamps.

He sat on the love seat and she sat down on the armchair to his left. She folded her hand on her lap and directed her attention towards him.

"Before we begin... I just want to let you know I'm not married nor in a relationship so this baby will be blood wise yours too."

Marinette blinked a few times shocked, "Oh.. I don't-..."

"Is there a problem?" Adrien asked calmly.

Marinette seemed to be troubled, deep thoughts swirling around her eyes. She looked around for a moment as if the answer would be found in his living room. He understood that he was asking for a lot. But she seemed to be considering something else even more serious.

"No. I-It's.. That's fine. Is there anything else I need to know before I accept to this?"

"Yes, actually. You'll be signing a contract which contains a couple of.. how should I say? Conditions." He told her.

She frowned.

"One of the most important ones and the ones that might affect your decision is... you'll have to move here. In order from for me to take care of you."

She frowned even further.

"I-I don't know. I'll have to think about it."

Adrien nodded repeatedly, "of course,
of course. I'll send you the contract if you wish to go further with this. If not a email letting me know that you won't, that will suffice." He smiled.

"Will do."

<<>>

Later that night...

"I reckon is a good night to become someone else, am I right Plagg?" Adrien asked his kwami cheekily. Looking at the dark, serene night outside.

"I guess so." The kwami replied tiredly.

"Plagg, claws out!"

....

After a couple of hours jumping and running around the city, "patrolling" as he called it. He lied down on a tree's branch in the park.

Putting his hands behind his head as he looked at the starry sky through the leaves. The wind howled softly, swinging his blonde locks with its rythme.

"How come you didn't tell me?!" A voice screeched. Sitting on the cold wooden bench just underneath the tree Chat was laying on.

He turn on his stomach, his bright neon eyes watched the silhouette curiously.

A soft mummer was heard from the other side of the phone.

"I do need the money Alya! I don't know! And what about L-"

Alya's voice interrupted, now sounding more frustrated.

Chat wanted to hear what Alya had to say so he used his feet to hang from the tree, soundlessly as possible he gripped the back the bench with his claws for support. Now, he was just mere inches away from Marinette. He could hear clearly.

"–I know it's crazy! I do. But this sacrifice could mean your mom healthy, back at home  or... you know. Besides, Adrien is a good guy, a bit unfortunate if you ask me..He's very sweet, he has only want love in his life. You're his only chance to get some happiness in his life. But again, it's a lot to ask. Up to you."

Chat went back up. Tears welled his eyes just thinking that it seems he'll never get the true love he desires so much. But very grateful of the way Alya spoke of him. It was true. He only wanted more meaning in his life.

Marinette sighed deeply. "I'll call you tomorrow."

With a beep she end it the call, and sighed deeply.Placing her hands on her face in frustration.

"What am I gonna do?" She whispered desperately.

With a soft thud, Chat noir landed in front of her. With a quite gasp from her, he took her hand and kissed it gently.

"Greetings princess."

...
(Word count: 914)
-Nicki 🖤